ORU vs. Duke

ORUSwagger

2 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Just played the wrong team at the wrong time. Duke is on a roll. 

Duke is for real. They are my bet to go all the way (just decided that five minutes ago, not on any bracket).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Just played the wrong team at the wrong time. Duke is on a roll. 

Bad matchup for ORU. Duke is athletic, tall, and long. And their bigs can switch.

Great season for us though!

• Upvote 2

I still love this team and I’ll always remember what they accomplished. Duke might be the best 5 seed in a long time. Really tough draw for us.

• Upvote 3

Thanks to all the fans that made the trip to Orlando! Thanks for the awesome support! Please convey our thanks to Coach Mills, the coaching staff and the student athletes! They provided us a lot of great entertainment this season!

• Upvote 2

Thank you Coach Mills and the entire ORU Golden Eagles squad for the wonderful season and memories. I am so proud of you all and I will never forget this great team who took the floor every night and competed.  Guys on this team have a lot of basketball left to play.  Thank you for the ride!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Duke looks like a pro team with all that size, length, and athleticism.  ORU had no answers and the better team won tonight.  The Eagles never could turn them over or speed the tempo up.  The guys fought hard but were over matched.  Most teams will be over matched against Duke and they have a good chance to make the Final Four.

I was very impressed by their guards, especially Roach.  He had a big advantage versus Max.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Thank you Coach a Mills and the entire ORU Golden Eagles squad for the wonderful season and memories. I am so proud of you all and I will never forget this great team who took the floor every night and competed.  Guys on this team have a lot of basketball left to play.  Thank you for the ride!

Well said....thanks for the great season ORUMBB!!!

• Like 2

When ORU played good defense then Duke just rebounded the misses.  Every shot was very difficult on the offensive end and Lively blocked the shot when ORU got to the rim.  What do you do?  Very challenging. 

DJ played some good minutes off the bench and brought the energy in the second half.  Thanks to Max and all the seniors, who have been great over the last few years.  It has been a joy to watch the Eagles this season.  Winning 30 games is truly the gold standard for any program in college basketball.

• Upvote 2

I really didn’t know much about Duke going into the game. They are without question the best 5 seed I have ever seen in the tournament! I would rank them a legitimate 1 or 2 seed . I predict they will make the final 4 and possibly win the whole thing. In the end for a school like ORU the tournament is ALL about matchups and we got a TOUGH matchup! Maybe this game will draw Kareem, Carlos, Connor back to make another run next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

As an a alumni this one hurt. Duke was better than everything we brought to the floor. Feel like we felt pressed time and time again. I think when we were down by 11 our guys thought shooting 3’s would get us back…not the case. 

Our team is a great mid major, but Duke took us seriously. 

No blame for us. When your turn comes up you gotta take your shot! 

Plan and reload!

Dwayne 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

After listening to the press conference Max was asked if this was his last year playing at ORU and he said he hasn’t decided yet so will he come back for one more year?! Coach Mills said all of his guys this year are eligible to come back. Wouldn’t it be something if we had Max and the gang back next year! Except a miracle! Thanks Ting for sharing the press conference!

TheEagleman may need another 24 hours to work thru this.....absolutely pathetic.....a total embarrassment on prime time TV......i had better not say anything else for now.....Image result for George Costanza

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tough finish to a great season for you guys.  Furman did you no favors beating Virginia on the same floor earlier in the day which I'm sure Scheyer pointed out to his team pregame.  Duke clearly focused on taking Abmas  out of the game as much as possible and I think if Vanover could have hit a couple early threes it could have changed the game a bit and forced Duke to adjust their defense.  Mills made a nice adjustment to the offense getting guys cutting to the basket but in the end Duke had too much size and athleticism.  

That's particularly the case with Lively who was everywhere on defense and if he didn't block the shot at the rim he definitely had guys looking over their shoulder.  

30 wins is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, RandomDukeFan said:

Tough finish to a great season for you guys.  Furman did you no favors beating Virginia on the same floor earlier in the day which I'm sure Scheyer pointed out to his team pregame.  Duke clearly focused on taking Abmas  out of the game as much as possible and I think if Vanover could have hit a couple early threes it could have changed the game a bit and forced Duke to adjust their defense.  Mills made a nice adjustment to the offense getting guys cutting to the basket but in the end Duke had too much size and athleticism.  

That's particularly the case with Lively who was everywhere on defense and if he didn't block the shot at the rim he definitely had guys looking over their shoulder.  

30 wins is nothing to be ashamed of.

Thanks for the kind words and for engaging on the board with us. I hope Duke can get into the Final Four and make this a memorable year for them and their fans.  The better team won today.

• Upvote 1