ORU at St. Mary's Predictions

theeagleman5

That first half was difficult to watch.  What was said on the forum came to pass: struggled on defense and rebounding.  St. Mary's really knows how to play defense, every shot for ORU is forced.

Unless some drastic improvements are made this team isn’t finishing top 4 in the Summit.

Brutal....just brutal....only 4 points for our All American Max.....and still no D....😬

18 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Unless some drastic improvements are made this team isn’t finishing top 4 in the Summit.

Summit bigs going to feast on us unless we get some inside toughness

• Upvote 1

Phipps putting on a "How to put your team in a compromised position" clinic out here. 

• Haha 1

Vanover is not a rebounder. I've never seen a guy get pushed so far under the basket so consistently. This is going to have to be a squad that become experts in the "team rebounding" effort.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ting said:

Did I hear the announcer say we were without Herron? Anyone know the story on that?

They said in the pregame it was a hand injury, sounds like it is a short term deal.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

They said in the pregame it was a hand injury, sounds like it is a short term deal.

He's out until December - don't know if he will be back before or after league play starts

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:59 AM, Bogus Smith said:

Take the points.  It will be closer than expected.

Who's got money on the game.  Spread is 9.5 and we are at 8 points now. 😰

Credit due for better 2nd half performance, but dug too deep a hole in 1st half.

Too bad, I really thought this was a game ORU could win and set a tone for the season.

• Like 2

Who would have thought that some unknown freshman named Maenee from St. Mary's would outscore Max 25-14 tonight.  ORU lives and dies by the three, hit about eight or nine in the second half and made a game of it.  Still no post presence.  I was hoping they would post Connor at least a few times tonight but even when ORU did, no body would throw him the ball.  

Good to see Williams play in his first game, even if it was for one minute. 

Disappointing 1st half in every way and dug too big of a hole. 2nd half was much better and our guys battled to get it within 4. This team will improve a lot as the season goes on. It really hurt us that Max didn’t have a better game. Connor had some nice blocked shots in the 2nd half. After falling behind by double digits at half I was glad to see our veteran team hold their composure and keep it close. Kareem was a big part of this.For me it was an easier loss to swallow than the beating we took at Colorado State last year.

• Upvote 2

Quick Observations:

• Daylight Savings + jet lag + West Coast late tip = slow start
  • ORU utilizing same offense that honorary coaches install in 30 minutes at all-star game run-throughs.
  • No. 3 for ORU kinda reminds me of Max Abmas.
  • All those saved timeouts sure will come in handy down the road.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named getting 18 minutes while Demari Williams gets one minute warrants a criminal investigation.
  • Connor Vanover is a cross between a unicorn and a Targaryen dragon, only more mythical.
  • This team's season - believe it or not - hinges on the success of Carlos Jurgens and Kareem Thompson.
  • Upvote 4

fully expected ORU to get buried, and it looked like things were headed that way at the half.  good fight in the second half. missed Lufile.