Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

Old Titan

Max is an ORU great....3rd top scorer of all time and likely to remain there for the foreseeable future.....TheEagleman is going to miss him too...God Bless Max wherever he goes....unless it's Arkansas or OU.....😬

Just now, theeagleman5 said:

Max is an ORU great....3rd top scorer of all time and likely to remain there for the foreseeable future.....TheEagleman is going to miss him too...God Bless Max wherever he goes....unless it's Arkansas or OU.....😬

Oh Snap GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

Max represented ORU with dignity and class throughout his four years at ORU. He garnered publicity for himself and the school that is incalculable. That Max stayed for four years given the offers he must have received, is a testament to his loyalty. He is certainly in the pantheon of ORU greats and I wish him nothing but the best. 

• Upvote 4

Max is not only an outstanding basketball player; he is an outstanding student. Whatever basketball holds for him in the future, he will be very well positioned to start a career in which he is destined to excel.

I'll miss Max so much! But I'll be eternally grateful for all the joy he brought me as I watched him on the court. He is one of a kind. ORU has been incredibly blessed to have him. I look forward to seeing him in 5 years at his Hall of Fame induction. 🙂 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

I got no problem with Max going to OU.

Frankly, I would have less of a problem with it than Max might have going against Big XII defenses.

Here are my best guesses for where Max might land, for various reasons:

1. Wichita State
  2. TCU
  3. Oklahoma
  4. SMU
  5. Texas A&M

Here are places (that I've heard mentioned) that would be terrible fits, for various reasons:

1. Kansas
  2. Kansas State
  3. Baylor
  4. Houston
  5. Memphis

And here are places that I just don't want to have to watch him play next year:

• Tulsa
  • Any Summit League team
  • Creighton
  • Arkansas
  • Texas
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

I got no problem with Max going to OU.

Frankly, I would have less of a problem with it than Max might have, going against Big XII defenses.

Here are my best guesses for where Max might land, for various reasons:

1. Wichita State
  2. TCU
  3. Oklahoma
  4. SMU
  5. Texas A&M

Makes sense. We can agree the Duke game didn’t help his draft stock. UNC would give him great exposure and he would do well. He would shoot less and pass more. Plus MJ went there and he would probably get drafted by Charlotte. 

Mills needs a quick start and flashy to win the fan base and get to the dance year 1. Max would do best there. Max going to A&M would also be like going to UNC. Max at A&M would help his draft stock and highlight other areas if his game. SEC basketball is pretty good.

Did y'all forget what Max did against the two really good teams we played this year, Houston and Duke?

I mean, I wish him the best, but to think he's going to the B12 or SEC and lighting it up for 25 a night?

Careful what you wish for...

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Did y'all forget what Max did against the two really good teams we played this year, Houston and Duke?

I mean, I wish him the best, but to think he's going to the B12 or SEC and lighting it up for 25 a night?

Careful what you wish for...

not sure anyone has touted him as a 25 pt a night scorer at the P5 level.  he'll be the second or third option at best if he goes to a top 25 type P5 school.

i think everyone is appreciative of what he did for ORU and wants him to go get the bag in his final season. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, ORUTerry said:

As long as the checks clear….

Agreed. As much as I hate the NIL, agreed. 

Just now, ORUalum said:

not sure anyone has touted him as a 25 pt a night scorer at the P5 level.  he'll be the second or third option at best if he goes to a top 25 type P5 school.

i think everyone is appreciative of what he did for ORU and wants him to go get the bag in his final season. 

Oh, I hear you. But just for giggles...do you think he'd even be the first or second guy off the bench for that Duke team? 

He won't be the primary focus of the D with other talented players around him so he'll get scoring opportunities 

2 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Agreed. As much as I hate the NIL, agreed. 

Oh, I hear you. But just for giggles...do you think he'd even be the first or second guy off the bench for that Duke team? 

doubtful....but he can pick his spot...the bluest of the blue bloods prob would not be the best landing spot for Max.  those guys have McDonalds AAs coming off the bench.

you don't think he could go to Mid level P5 in need of a veteran PG and average 14 or 15 pts a night?

Max's future is in his intelligence and leadership.  He needs to go to a school that will provide him with the educational foundation that will get him to the next level.....in his ultimate profession of forensics and medical acumen.  He will be uniquely qualified to lead a team of professionals some day.

• Upvote 6

If Max goes somewhere where he is not perceived as the biggest threat, and if he could still get 36-40 minutes a game, then I still think he would score 16-18 points per game even if it is at a power 5 school.  However, he might not get 36-40 minutes a game.  That is the risk of going to another team.  Obanor had to prove himself at Texas Tech and that took at least half a season.

18 hours ago, ORUalum said:

doubtful....but he can pick his spot...the bluest of the blue bloods prob would not be the best landing spot for Max.  those guys have McDonalds AAs coming off the bench.

you don't think he could go to Mid level P5 in need of a veteran PG and average 14 or 15 pts a night?

Do I think he could go to Kansas State or OU and get 15ppg? Maybe. Depends on how many shots he would get...