Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

Old Titan

Has Max's "Q Rating" in college basketball circles ever been higher?

Mad respect from the national press for:

• What he's done
  • How long he's done it
  • Remaining a loyal and classy guy all along the way

• Upvote 3

All I can say is, Oral would be so proud of Max! And so excited to see his name--his school's name--right alongside those of a bunch of state schools that are always in the news. 

• Upvote 5

After the Western Illinois game Max is up to #7 in scoring nationally with an average of 22 ppg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For those of you who were unable to attend the WIU game, KOTV put together a montage of Max highlights that you might enjoy.  It was a joy to watch live, for sure!

• Like 5

Max needs to average 23 ppg through the rest of the season (score 278 points) to move into 3rd place on the Summit's all-time scoring list--right behind Caleb! There aren't any other current players in the top 10.

ORU Scoring Leaders (1/18/22)

Greg Sutton 3070
Richard Fuqua 3004
Caleb Green 2503
Anthony Roberts 2341
Max Abmas 2211
Dominique Morrison 2080

If my math is correct, from today Max needs 130 points to pass No. 4 Anthony Roberts and 292 points to catch No. 3 Caleb Green.

That would require an average of 24.3 points per game over the remaining 12 regular season contests to reach Caleb.

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

ORU Scoring Leaders (1/18/22)

Greg Sutton 3070
Richard Fuqua 3004
Caleb Green 2503
Anthony Roberts 2341
Max Abmas 2211
Dominique Morrison 2080

If my math is correct, from today Max needs 130 points to pass No. 4 Anthony Roberts and 292 points to catch No. 3 Caleb Green.

That would require an average of 24.3 points per game over the remaining 12 regular season contests to reach Caleb.

I was just referring to the Summit League all-time scoring list. It's exciting to watch Max move up so far so fast on both lists!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titansforever said:

I was just referring to the Summit League all-time scoring list. It's exciting to watch Max move up so far so fast on both lists!

My bad - thanks for the clarification.

Sad that the league office has made little-to-no mention that I've noticed re: Max's assault on the conference record books. 

Which I could say I'm surprised, but frankly I'm not. #smh

• Upvote 3

Really no reason why Max shouldn't pass Woosie and Caleb to finish 3rd all time at ORU....that's an amazing feat.....who would have ever thought just four years ago that Max Abmas would be sitting there behind Sutton and Fuqua? Not TheEagleman.....:tb-white: