Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

Old Titan

Riddle me this regarding the step-up in competition facing Max:  does he make 1st Team All Big XII in the preseason?

Is he still there at season's end?

Will he average at least 20 points a game?

24 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Riddle me this regarding the step-up in competition facing Max:  does he make 1st Team All Big XII in the preseason?

Hmm... I'll take a shot at this. Maybe, Yes , No. 

TX fans have very unrealistic expectations of him. TX. still needs another 3 or 4 players from the portal as the team was gutted from the portal and draft. 

He won't get near as many shots or the freedom he did from the ORU offense. I do think he will average more assists though!:)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Yes his resume will lock this one down. 

No the defensive challenges will be a tall task and I’m not sure  Max will fare well on the defensive end coupled with getting less shot up. 

No Rodney Terry will dial some of the shoots back. No more green light. 

1 minute ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Yes Max has shown to be very loyal and that he can handle negative chatter. 

Clarification:  by "still there" I mean, is he STILL First Team All Big XII at season's END?

Sorry for the confusion...

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I fail to see how the American Conference in its new configuration will qualify annually as a multi-bid league.

They've barely earned multiple bids the past several seasons, and they're losing a couple of their top programs that earned several of those bids in Houston and Cincinnati.

I'll grant them two bids this next season with Florida Atlantic and probably Memphis, but beyond that the AAC resembles several other truly mid-major conferences such as the Missouri Valley or Horizon League who as often as not anymore get only their automatic qualifier in the dance.

Not according to TU fans!:)

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

Clarification:  by "still there" I mean, is he STILL First Team All Big XII at season's END?

Sorry for the confusion...

Aaah! No is the answer to that one then. I think he will do a very good job for TX and they are lucky to have him. 

TX could not afford to lose him to Kstate no matter what they had to do. 

6 minutes ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Yes Max has shown to be very loyal and that he can handle negative chatter. 

He would have given Coach Beard a heart attack with some of his shots!:) Of course he would have been at Kst if Beard was still there. 

He will still get shots just not the volume or freedom he had at ORU. 

i thought this was pretty interesting....Max will certainly be surrounded by better athletes, but is sounds like Texas currently lacks knock down shooters to help with floor spacing.  Mills could routinely throw lineups on the floor the last few years where there were three, four, or even five  guys that could shoot 3's at a high percentage.

16 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

i thought this was pretty interesting....Max will certainly be surrounded by better athletes, but is sounds like Texas currently lacks knock down shooters to help with floor spacing.  Mills could routinely throw lineups on the floor the last few years where there were three, four, or even five  guys that could shoot 3's at a high percentage.

I think they will run a ton of pick n roll with he and Dylan Disu( much like ORU did with Obanor) and if Tyrese Hunter comes back that will help also. Need a couple more guards for sure along with another big. 

• Upvote 1

That is a good point darrenj.  If Tyrese Hunter comes back from his draft journey, which I think he will, then Max and him will be a dynamic duo for the Longhorns.  Texas also got a 7'0 center in the portal, who can catch Max's lobs for dunks and layups (much like Connor did).  The big question for Max is can he still hit 3's and drive on very good defensive guards (6'4 to 6'6 range) at the Power 5 level?  I think he struggles with that (who would not at 5'11) and thus averages about 12 points and 4 assists a game.  Maybe Max makes honorable mention or 2nd team all Big 12 team next year.  

Hook em Horns!!! Image result for texas longhorns logo

1 hour ago, MrsSmith said:

He says Texas is still one of his choices.  Do they decommit to get a better NIL deal?

That's got to be at least part of it. This is absolute madness. There is no other sports league where this sort of thing is allowed. Total insanity.

This is INCONCEIVABLE!!!    Image result for princess bride photos