Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

Old Titan

Max Abmas and Hannah Cooper claim the December TicketSmarter Summit League Peak Performer of the Month honors: https://thesummitleague.org/news/2023/1/6/awards-golden-eagles-sweep-december-ticketsmarter-peak-performer-of-the-month-honors.aspx

It's nice to see these two ORU players get the credit that they are due.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Watching Ohio St. vs Maryland and at halftime they were giving a recap of big games yesterday (Kansas State-Baylor; Alabama-Kentucky; Michigan State - Michigan) and they included a couple of versions of Max’s half court shot and mentioned it was his third 30+ point game. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

That had to hurt. Surely some walk on from the Dakotas scored 7 points and is worthy of some pub. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

That had to hurt. Surely some walk on from the Dakotas scored 7 points and is worthy of some pub. 

Lol - the league office did in fact release a similar tweet re: Trent Mesner from Western Illinois.

Don’t get me started on some of the so-called “league” responses to Max’s exploits… #smh

My gosh, what an iconic image this has already become - congrats Max!

And BTW, as a humble old coach of little guys learning to shoot, this is textbook form:

• Body square
  • Elbow in
  • Seams of ball horizontal
  • Ball resting on the shooting "pads" of the fingers (not the palm and not the fingertips)
  • Left hand disengaged
  • Full extension above the head
  • Eyes on the prize

With GREAT fundamentals like that, how could "The Shot" NOT go in??  lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

Did Max lose a point?

I saw that, too, on a couple of posts this morning.  I think the 4 rebounds and 4 assists is encouraging typos on the point total.

It's either that, or the current economy.  #JustAJoke

• Haha 2

So, how many points did Max score officially? ORU's box score shows 36 pts. (FT 12-12), but ESPN's box score shows 35 pts. (FT 11-11).

Here's a snapshot from the NCAA version of the box score. So which set of statistics is official?image.thumb.png.335336861f140b67518fb6e3e82dd462.png

I would think the box score posted on the ORU Athletics website would be correct, and it currently shows max with 36 points. 

It appears that McBride's total score of 9 points was reduced by one to 8, and Max's total was increased to 36.

I assume this was a post-game scoring adjustment. As was discussed previously elsewhere the athletic department or whoever submits the stats can review and correct them after the fact, and that appears to have been done here.

• Upvote 2