Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

Old Titan

Max needs a big opening night game at St. Mary's to keep getting national attention.....and a W by ORU wouldn't hurt his case either.....:circle-logoi:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow!  Gasaway even had Max listed as a possible Player of the Year canditate in all of College Basketball.  That only happens if the Eagles win around 30 games and go to the Final Four.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Old Titan changed the title to Max Abmas 2022-23 Accolades

BREAKING NEWS:  MAX ABMAS RANKED NO. 1 ON THE LOU (wait a minute...now being told the list is alphabetical. 😁)

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Once Max was named the National Player of the Week, I can imagine that there was some major hand-wringing in the Dakotas about having to finally name Max as the Summit League Player of the Week.  I'm sure that the other Dakota player that they WERE going to recognize will be "placed on ice" and receive preferential treatment for another week later in the season.  Oh, the drama!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Once Max was named the National Player of the Week, I can imagine that there was some major hand-wringing in the Dakotas about having to finally name Max as the Summit League Player of the Week.  I'm sure that the other Dakota player that they WERE going to recognize will be "placed on ice" and receive preferential treatment for another week later in the season.  Oh, the drama!

When the Lou Henson Nation POY recognition came out this morning, had to resist the temptation to reply to the tweet with something along the lines of, "Yeah, but will it be good enough for Summit League Player of the Week??"

For once, a little restraint was shown...whoda thunk, right??

Jeff Goldblum Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's a reason the Summit award is posted two hours AFTER the Lou Henson National Award.  Gives the League office some time to correct an error before it happens!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Couple of interesting nuggets:

• I did not know that Ashley Wilson came up with “Midcourt Max”.
  • First time I’ve heard Max publicly say this year is his “last dance” (No COVID fifth year). 

After his 32 point performance at Omaha Max has a total of 2,078 career points.

ORU Scoring Leaders

Greg Sutton 3070
Richard Fuqua 3004
Caleb Green 2503
Anthony Roberts 2341
Dominique Morrison 2080
Max Abmas 2078

• Like 1