2022 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

Commissioner Hockey joins Adam in the booth trying to explaining a 19 sport conference isn't that different from a single sport conference. 🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 1

While Commissioner Hockey drones on and on the Golden Eagles load the bases and plate a run on a single chasing Muchado in the process.  So one out bases loaded and a new arm coming in from the bullpen.  Good guys up 6-1.

:shield-logo:

GO BLUE!!!.....Good Guys need to just put the Mavs away.....and I know this has come up before but how the heck is the higher seed a VISITING TEAM for 2 games in a row....sorry but seems to me that the HIGHER SEED should ALWAYS be the home team....what do we play the regular season for anyway????.....🙄

G R A N D  S L A M ! ! !

McCroskey with the JACK! 11-1 in the 5th...

• Like 1

McCroskey a GRAND SLAM!!!!....that should probably do it!....11-1 with ORU still batting in the 5th....Keep pouring it on!!!.....:shield-logo:

Just now, Texasgrip said:

G R A N D  S L A M ! ! !

Gave you a hot second to get that one in from over the pond 🤣

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

GO BLUE!!!.....Good Guys need to just put the Mavs away.....and I know this has come up before but how the heck is the higher seed a VISITING TEAM for 2 games in a row....sorry but seems to me that the HIGHER SEED should ALWAYS be the home team....what do we play the regular season for anyway????.....🙄

Eagleman!  Where have you been? 🤪

Adam explained that earlier in the broadcast.  Apparently home team is determined by who has been away the most so far in the tournament.  Since Omaha has been the visitor twice and ORU once, I believe I have that math right, Omaha is home in the championship game and ORU would be home in the, seemingly unlikely, if necessary game.

I have been watching the Big XII tournament this weekend and they seem to be taking a similar approach so I think this is a standard practice unlike the unbalanced schedule that is so deep in @Old Titan's craw.

Sorry but i just don't understand that thinking....HIGHER SEED should always be home.....again....why play 25-30 regular season games then?....there should be some kind of advantage for the higher seeded team....it's dumb.....but on a bright note....another McCroskey HR.....7 RBI now for star of the game... 19-2 and looks like a sure Run Rule game......ORU!!!  :tb-white:

• Upvote 1

ORU up 19-2, maybe it is time for the mercy rule.  The Eagles are definitely peaking at the right time.  About to not only win the conference tournament but sweep the weekend games!

Its now 21-2 and the game has gone to the 8th....obviously no Run Rule in the Championship Game but at this point seems like there should be....guessing Omaha has already started up the bus.....actually probably started warming up the bus in the 5th inning.....ORU now with 21 runs on 21 hits.......I love it so......😎

19 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Sorry but i just don't understand that thinking....HIGHER SEED should always be home.....again....why play 25-30 regular season games then?....there should be some kind of advantage for the higher seeded team....

Agree 100%. American sports put far too much into end of season championship tournaments and place no value on the regular season. If you win more games in the regular season, you should maintain an advantage throughout the tournament. 

• Like 2

That's it....21-2 final....great hitting and great pitching today....what a team effort by ORU.....TheEagleman has had his issues with this team over the course of the 2022 season but I am very PROUD of the Good Guys today...Golden Eagles playing their best baseball of the season these past couple weeks and topped it off with 3 for 3 in the Summit Tournament....can't wait to see what regional we draw tomorrow in the Selection Show.....GO BLUE and GO ORU!!!!  :tb-blue:

And that's all she wrote! Final: ORU in a Summit League Tourney Sweep!!! 21-2 over Omaha!

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's it....21-2 final....great hitting and great pitching today....what a team effort by ORU.....TheEagleman has had his issues with this team over the course of the 2022 season but I am very PROUD of the Good Guys today...Golden Eagles playing their best baseball of the season these past couple weeks and topped it off with 3 for 3 in the Summit Tournament....can't wait to see what regional we draw tomorrow in the Selection Show.....GO BLUE and GO ORU!!!!  :tb-blue:

Here's your answer @theeagleman5 🤣

I really want to thank the Summit League for being about as provencial as possible.  I realize Midco TV may be big in the Dakotas but that is exactly my point, they only are available in the Dakotas as well as Minnesota.  In other words by broadcasting this tournament exclusively on Midco stations you may be in luck if you live in the Dakotas but for the rest of the nation you are SOL.  Can our League be any more small minded?  I guess hoping for these games to be on any of the ESPN platforms is simply asking too much.  I realize basically every other D-1 conference has all of their tournament games on some ESPN platform but hey, we are the Summit and if it doesn't happen in the Dakotas it simply does not happen.  SMH  Oh and by the way, congratulations to the Good Guys, nice work today and throughout the entire tournament.  GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

• Upvote 1

Must be a record for the biggest blowout or most runs scored in a Summit League championship game.  If ORU plays like this, then watch out in the NCAA tournament.  They could go on a run like the men's basketball team did in 2021.

• Like 2

Regional host sites selection announcement – The host sites for the 2022 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship will be announced at 8:30 p.m. EDT on Sunday, May 29 via ESPN bottom lines and NCAA Baseball social media sites.

NCAA Division I Baseball Championship selection show – The 64 teams and pairings for the 2022 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship will be announced during the selection show that will air at noon EDT, Monday, May 30 on ESPN2.

Here is BA projections 20 minutes ago having ORU as 4 seed in the Stillwater regional. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2022-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

Sorry to be late to the celebration...I was canceling my Midco Sports subscription.

Just an all around complete game by the Golden Eagles.  21 runs on 21 hits.  The team batted .438.  10 of 12 batters with hits.  Pitching was dominant with 2 runs on 7 scattered hits with 8 Omaha runners left on base.  Evan Kowalski was effective, if not efficient, as the starter and I thought Coach Fulmer handled it perfectly and went to McCullough at the exact right time.  The fielding was on point with no errors. @ORU40can we call it an a** kicking?   The Summit League website will probably say "ORU Holds on to Defeat Omaha."

@ORU82 to answer your question, no, our conference can not be more small minded.  It is literally impossible.  Listening to Commissioner Hockey's interview during the broadcast about how the strength of the conference is the geography it covers made me ill.  Here are the conference finals that were on ESPN+ today - Southern Conference, MAAC, America East (what?) to name a few of the smaller conferences who managed to get their tournament on a national platform.  It just baffles the mind. But the Dakotas get what the Dakotas want...except the 2022 baseball championship.🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1