2022 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

ORU is pounding the Jacks pitching.....8-3 Golden Eagles and still batting in the home 5th.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 1

Coffey thru a whopping 126 pitches in 7 innings of work tonight giving up 4 runs(3 earned) and only 4 hits....9 Ks.....a solid start by Isaac....Fowler now on in relief as ORU still up 9-4 heading to the 9th :tb-white:

A strong effort tonight by the home team and TheEagleman is glad to see four guys with multiple hits and some strong pitching.......ORU will now face Omaha tomorrow night with the winner heading to the Finals.....NDSU vs. SDSU in and elimination game Friday afternoon.....😎

The first round went about as well as ORU could have hoped: NDSU loses and now has to win four in a row to advance, while the Eagles jump on SDSU early (led 6-0 after three innings) and win easily.  Would think the good guys are the favorite against Omaha tomorrow.

• Like 1

I just had to laugh at the headline this morning on the Summit League’s web page, “Fourth-seeded Omaha Uses Big Second Inning to Get By Top-seeded NDSU”.  

Yes, I understand that the conference wants to make every team look good (especially if there is a Dakota in the name of your school), but “get by”???  Seriously, were you at the game???  A pitching staff that allows TWELVE walks and a HBP really doesn’t deserve much charity.  I can think of at least twenty terms (pummel, shock, stun, blast, thump…to name a few) that are a better description of the 10-2 final outcome than “get by”.  Omaha deserves better - and (newsflash to the Summit staff) they’re part of the conference, too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I can think of at least twenty terms (pummel, shock, stun, blast, thump…to name a few) that are a better description of the 10-2 final outcome than “get by”.

Where I'm from they call that an A**whooping!

*'s used so not to offend Otis83, I know they don't care for that type of language down there in the Dallas/Cow Town metroplex!!

• Haha 2

TheEagleman feels pretty good with Summit Pitcher of the Year Legend Smith going up against the Omaha #2 starter tonight.....obviously a must win to avoid the extra game and put ORU in the finals.....HUGE Game tonight at JLJ since i really do not think any of these teams will have the pitching to beat ORU 2 straight at home after a win this evening......⚾

The pitching matchup tonight should be a rematch of Game 2 in Omaha a couple of weeks back, which went to extra innings in a scoreless tie.  The game was eventually  won by ORU 2-0 in 11 innings, with both runs scoring on wild pitches. 😳

Looks like SDSU is going to be eliminated by NDSU...Jacks trail the Bison 7-1 in the 8th in this afternoon's elimination game.....:NDSU::sdsu:

Hey friends, are there any streaming options other than Mid Con Sports?  During basketball season I seem to remember I could get Mid Con games on espn+ but I can't find our tournament.  I'd like to watch the game but I'd rather not give those Dakota a** kissers any of my money (did you see what I did there @ORU40?)

• Haha 5

Well I’m sick and my wife has me in quarantine so I gave Midco $5.99. I’m pleased to report that the great Adam Hildebrand is calling the game for the corn cob network. Waiting for the ad for Jr Sample Auto Sales.  

Good guys up 6-0 after 3. Legend Smith has thrown a meer 32 pitches. #efficient

Legend Smith unable to hold that lead but ORU bats were on fire tonight and Good Guys whip Omaha  12-8.....when is the last time we had seven players with multiple hits?....well it happened tonight, my friends and ORU now heads to the Championship Game on Sunday afternoon.....nice to get a day off as NDSU and Omaha will battle tomorrow to see who faces us......crazy game all around and if you told TheEagleman  that Smith would be gone by the 5th I would have been worried...but ORU now has put up 21 runs in the past 24 hours and hoping we stay hot on Sunday.....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

• Like 4

Big time press for the Eagles as CF Connor Beichler's incredible diving catch last night was #5 on ESPN Sports centers Top 10 plays this morning!!!

• Like 2