2022 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

That play alone was worth the $5.99. 

So Omaha is leading NDSU 3-1 going into the 6th inning.  I was really hoping for a barn burner where both teams had to go through a lot of pitching.  So far that has not been the case.  This is not a "who do you want to play?" post.  I feel like those conversations tend to bite you in the a** and the team the fan base wants to play ends up prevailing.

However with a potential double header tomorrow pitching depth and availability is key.   Which opponent will be in a better position?  It's looking like it is NDSU.  Omaha used a lot of pitchers against us.  I haven't done the analytics on how many pitches each pitcher threw and what not.  I'll leave that up to @Texasgrip, @Old Titan, @theeagleman5and @TrueBlue82as their analytical prowess exceeds mine.

The Golden Eagles seem to be set up pretty well with day off today.  The entire relief staff should be available.

Having started this thread the Bison just went to the bull pen after Omaha pushes the lead to 4-1 so its an on going situation.

Edited by Otis 83

#1 ORU vs. #4 Omaha tomorrow afternooon.....Mavs knock out top seed NDSU today 5-3....only one 4 seed has ever won the Summit Tournament so TheEagleman feels real good about Sunday.....Good Guys should be rested and ready to go. GO BLUE!!!....:tb-blue:

I'm posting this on the baseball thread; although basketball related in a sense, because I'm really excited for the team and the way they have performed in the conference tourney.

I don't know what Max is going to do, but I'm wishing he would just decide and make it known. To me it would be disappointing for the baseball team to win the conf. tourney, make the NCAA's and have the spotlight taken away or diminished by Max's decision either way a day or 2 later. 

The baseball team has played great and deserve some attention, hopefully Max wont rain on their parade!

Go Eagles!!

• Like 3

The NDSU fans we’re as classy as usual at JLJ with cheers my delicate ears have never heard on our home field. I imagine that the inventory of Keystone Light took quite a hit at the Walmart after the game. Hopefully the damage at the Motel 6 and the Good Sam park is kept to a minimum.  

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

I'm posting this on the baseball thread; although basketball related in a sense, because I'm really excited for the team and the way they have performed in the conference tourney.

I don't know what Max is going to do, but I'm wishing he would just decide and make it known. To me it would be disappointing for the baseball team to win the conf. tourney, make the NCAA's and have the spotlight taken away or diminished by Max's decision either way a day or 2 later. 

The baseball team has played great and deserve some attention, hopefully Max wont rain on their parade!

Go Eagles!!

You always see the big picture @ORU40  Well said. 

Interesting choice by the Mavericks to start Muchado on the bump.  Muchado has seen a fair amount of work in this tournament.  As I suspected might be the case, the Mavericks arms are thin at this point.  It will be a bull pen game and we need to take advantage of that.  

The Mavericks tried to make some noise in the bottom of the 1st but Evan Kowalski and the ORU defense would have none of it.  Good guys up 5-0 after 1 frame. 

:shield-logo:

Bases are loaded with 1 out in the bottom of the third.  We need to turn two!

3 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Bases are loaded with 1 out in the bottom of the third.  We need to turn two!

Instead we got a 1 run single so a pitching change is underway.  Golden Eagles still up 5-1.  Hold the line!

McCullough gets the come backer for the 1-2-3 double play we go to the 4th!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Otis 83 said:

McCullough gets the come backer for the 1-2-3 double play we go to the 4th!!!

My post came from Switzerland, so it took longer to get there...

• Haha 2