2022 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

Big week at JLJ....the tournament starts at Noon on Wednesday with #1 NDSU vs. #4 Omaha.....then at 6pm it's #2 ORU vs. #3 SDSU......it's really a toss up and any of the four schools could conceivably win.....TheEagleman has to make the Good Guys a slight favorite because we are playing at home.....that said ORU had almost  the same road record (17-9) as their home record (18-9)....so who knows......setting the lines at  ORU -130....NDSU -110.....SDSU +130 and Omaha +140.....GO BLUE!!! ............. :omaha::NDSU::sdsu::shield-logo:

Anybody headed out to the tournament this week? Maybe Old Titan, Grip and OKCEagle will be in the stands??? 😎

I’m coming from Idaho for the tourney.  Should be a great week of baseball, and this team needs all the fan support it can get!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Anybody headed out to the tournament this week? Maybe Old Titan, Grip and OKCEagle will be in the stands??? 😎

I will have to miss - my wife and I will be on a scouting trip for our summer ministry outreach. But I'll be checking the scores from abroad! GO BLUE!!!

It appears to be raining and chilly in Tulsa this morning with showers expected on and off all day which could play havoc with first round games...by tomorrow afternoon the forecast looks much better with bright sunshine and warm temps so it should be PLAY BALL!!!....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Sounds like weather and soggy field conditions could push back one or both games today.....perhaps the tournament will have to go Thursday thru Sunday?.....forecast is excellent after today....Agree that ORU probably has the deepest pitching staff....and hopefully the bats will get going as the temps warm up over the next few days.....GO BLUE!!! 😎

• Like 1

As expected....the opening round has been postponed until Thursday.....weather for the remainder of the week looks much better.....😎:shield-logo:😎

What this means:

• No on-field batting practice for ORU & SDSU
  • No taking pregame "infield" either
  • No telling what happens in the game:  errors, bad hitting, etc.

In fairness, Omaha and NDSU should not be afforded on-field pregame activities for Game #1 either (and I doubt they will).

Omaha with a 6 spot in the top of the 2nd vs. NDSU.....thanks in part to FIVE walks......😮

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ORU must win tonight or else they are looking at having to win four in a row to capture the tournament.  Hopefully they get off to a good start against a SDSU team that they have already beaten 5 out of 6 times this year.  Go Eagles!

31 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Omaha with a 6 spot in the top of the 2nd vs. NDSU.....thanks in part to FIVE walks......😮

Omaha now up 8-0 top of the 4th

• Upvote 1

Omaha with 8 runs on 4 hits; NDSU walked 5 and hit a batter in disastrous 2nd inning, plus 2 walks and a double in the 4th for two more runs.

Wasn't that impressed with Bison #1 guy Max Loven when ORU battered him for 9 runs in Tulsa a month back; maybe he just doesn't like the Beautiful J.L pitching mound.  Their other two starters that weekend looked better to me...

Wow. Just drove from France to Switzerland and hopped on here to get the update: Omaha wins big 10-2 over NDSU!

Chance for ORU to move into the driver's seat…GO BLUE!!!

Note: it’s 1:20am here, so probably NOT gonna stay up checking the score. 😁

Come on, Grip....suck it up and show some ORU school spirit!!!....LOL.....Enjoy Europe and be safe, sir!!!   GO BLUE!!...Beat the Jacks!!...:sdsu:  vs. :shield-logo: