2022 Summit League Tournament

theeagleman5

35 minutes ago, #1 Fan said:

Regional host sites selection announcement – The host sites for the 2022 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship will be announced at 8:30 p.m. EDT on Sunday, May 29 via ESPN bottom lines and NCAA Baseball social media sites.

NCAA Division I Baseball Championship selection show – The 64 teams and pairings for the 2022 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship will be announced during the selection show that will air at noon EDT, Monday, May 30 on ESPN2.

Here is BA projections 20 minutes ago having ORU as 4 seed in the Stillwater regional. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2022-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

It was just announced that Stillwater is a host site so the first leg of the prophecy has been fulfilled. 

22 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I’m still irked by the fact NDSU gets to host next year’s tournament after simply taking advantage of an unbalanced regular season schedule then underachieving in the conference tournament. 

The TOURNAMENT champion should earn the right to host the championship the next season, not the regular season “champion”, in years where everyone doesn’t play each other the same number of times. 

I agree that the selection process is inherently flawed due to the unbalanced schedule, and that a remedy (such as your suggestion) should be found. However, I would disagree that NDSU “took advantage” of the schedule this year.  The Bizon won EACH of the three weekend series against ORU, SDSU, and Omaha, and beat them ALL on the road.  So, even though the methodology is flawed, IMHO the Bizon earned the #1 seed and the right to host next year’s tourney (as much as I hate to admit it!). 

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

The fielding was on point with no errors. @ORU40can we call it an a** kicking? 

Otis my man, we sure can. I went to the game today and sat with a couple old timer former players form our era and OT was there as well, it was a fantastic day!!!

I'm so happy and proud to see our baseball program back where it belongs!!!   

The Golden Eagles indeed administered a good old fashioned A**Whooping at JLJ today!! and it was glorious!! Enjoy Eagles you've earned it and its very well deserved!!   

Go Eagles!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ORU82 said:

I really want to thank the Summit League for being about as provencial as possible.  I realize Midco TV may be big in the Dakotas but that is exactly my point, they only are available in the Dakotas as well as Minnesota.  In other words by broadcasting this tournament exclusively on Midco stations you may be in luck if you live in the Dakotas but for the rest of the nation you are SOL.  Can our League be any more small minded?  I guess hoping for these games to be on any of the ESPN platforms is simply asking too much.  I realize basically every other D-1 conference has all of their tournament games on some ESPN platform but hey, we are the Summit and if it doesn't happen in the Dakotas it simply does not happen.  SMH  Oh and by the way, congratulations to the Good Guys, nice work today and throughout the entire tournament.  GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

It's all about the Benjamins!

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Good day for the good guys! Love seeing all the bats in the lineup firing, even the ones coming off the bench. We might have choked a few during the regular season, but this is the perfect time to get hot. Drinks on me fellas! Loved seeing y’all at the game today!

Congratulations Golden Eagles Baseball! Onto College Station vs. Texas A&M!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Former Titans Murderer’s Row at Sunday's game!

spacer.png

(L-R) Unidentified former ORU sports information guy, Dusty Delso (baseball ‘81-‘84), Joe Dunlap (baseball ‘83-‘85), Jerry Ahumada (baseball ‘82-‘83) with superfan son Ben, and Sam Potter (basketball ‘82-‘85).

Great pic!  Thanks for posting. Holy cow Joe Dunlap looks like he could suit up and play. 

11 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Congratulations Golden Eagles Baseball! Onto College Station vs. Texas A&M!

Ledgend Smith gets a shout out from selection show announcer!

• Like 1