Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

Pathetic attempt at scheduling wins:  here are the records from last year of TU's non-conference opponents this season: 

Central Arkansas 9-22
Incarnate Word 12-19
Jackson State 14-19
South Carolina State 5-26
Little Rock 10-21
ORU 30-5
Loyola 10-21
Oklahoma State 20-16
Missouri State 17-15
Mississippi Valley State 5-27
New Mexico State 9-15
SW Oklahoma State 12-16

Only three schools with winning records (ORU, OSU and MSU), five schools with over 20 losses, another two with 19 losses.  OSU is the only Power 5 school.  

And the only three road games are within driving distance:  ORU, OSU (in Oklahoma City), and Little Rock.  They don't board a plane until January!

Granted, some or all of these programs have likely reloaded (as TU did) and most probably have new coaches, but still:  this type of schedule by any other area school (particularly by ORU) would have TU fans howling.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It is an incredibly weak schedule, but it is impressive that TU was able to pony up to pay for nine home games in the non-conference schedule - and only one against a non-D1 opponent (SWOSU).  While the Golden Hurricane basketball program may be floundering on the court, they obviously aren't hurting financially.  Now, whether they can pay enough for anyone to actually show up at those nine home games is another story...

Based on this wall poster, one thing is for sure:  you apparently can't play at TU unless you have a terrible - and I mean terrible - haircut.

F85lVdOWYAATJbW.jpeg

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Based on this wall poster, one thing is for sure:  you apparently can't play at TU unless you have a terrible - and I mean terrible - haircut.

boomer spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Blowing your own horn about moving up in the KenPom rankings in NOVEMBER may be the most "just how far TU has fallen" thing ever...

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Blowing your own horn about moving up in the KenPom rankings in NOVEMBER may be the most "just how far TU has fallen" thing ever...

Adidas L GIF by Sneakersnstuff

3 hours ago, ORUalum11 said:

ORU would do the exact same thing unfortunately 

You know what I think I have to disagree. From what I’ve seen the media/graphics team we have is really good. Not sure who exactly it is doing that but they seem to have a good feel for what to post and what not to post. Tulsa just makes dumb post after dumb post 😂😂

I will say ORU does love a good trolling post now and again. So there’s that!

• 4 weeks later...

I mean, it’s not even a great clip:  shows one of their guys almost air balling a corner three, that caroms oddly into the unsuspecting hands of a teammate for the flush.

”Just like we drew it up!!” they would probably gush. 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I mean, it’s not even a great clip:  shows one of their guys almost air balling a corner three, that caroms oddly into the unsuspecting hands of a teammate for the flush.

”Just like we drew it up!!” they would probably gush. 🙄

Possibly their "Play of the Game"...

• Haha 1

Tulsa is now 6-0 at home with a tough one point win versus a good Missouri State team.  Glad ORU faced them at the Mabee Center instead of seven miles away!

• Like 2

TU is just as bad at 11th & Harvard as they were at 81st & Lewis; they simply haven’t played anyone of note at home until today, when Missouri State inexplicably lost their minds in the final three minutes to blow a 9-point lead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I rarely engage with TU sports, but I couldn't resist helping with this promo...

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 6.19.26 AM.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

I rarely engage with TU sports, but I couldn't resist helping with this promo...

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 6.19.26 AM.png

I see what you did there, N-Squared!  🤣

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

• 2 weeks later...

Tulsa starts conference play this week as the worst 9-3 team in the country; maybe ever.

They have yet to win a game away from the Reynolds Center (two road losses, one at a neutral site) and their best home win was a 1-point gift from Missouri State, who imploded down the stretch after leading by nine late in the game.  Every other win was a "buy game" against a Who's Who of the worst teams in Division 1.

KenPom agrees:  he has TU losing NINE OF THEIR NEXT TEN games in the new scaled-down, mid-major American Athletic Conference.

Prediction:  despite standing six games over .500 on January 1st, TU will end the year with a losing record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1