Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

From the column:

“Coinciding with the Hurricane depression are happy days at rival Oral Roberts. Before Saturday’s Summit League assignment at Kansas City, ORU was 46-17 in its last 63 games. In advance of Sunday’s Wichita State game, Tulsa is 27-49 in its last 76 games.”

But we are not, I repeat not, passing them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

I admire Kunkol's attempt at a positive attitude in spite of such adversity. Not sure I'm capable of that, given the circumstances. But I guess it's a requirement if there is to remain any hope of making changes there. A program doesn't change course overnight. 

To be fair, he inherited a team that was bad last year and then lost their best player in Horne (16 points and 7 rebounds) to graduation.  However most of the other guys stayed around and none have really improved.  Coach Kunkol's big prize in the transfer portal was Betson from Chicago State.  Nothing against Betson but he is not the type who can just carry a team. 

I think in the future TU will find better players in the portal to build with.  They should be able to get some role players from Power 5 teams, much like ORU has.

Golden Hurricane put up a whopping 42 points at Houston last night....but to be fair they did about the same as we did vs. one of the Top 3 teams in the country.....🙄

Here is my 2 cents on the state of TU. Leadership starts at the top and filters down. As long as Brad Carson is President TU could be in trouble. We have a friend that works there and she told us that TU is spending money as fast as they get it, and on things like an art center downtown that is a money pit. ORU may not be perfect but our administration is steering the school in the right direction.

• Upvote 2

It will be interesting to see what happens with TU after this season.  They only have one senior on the roster, so potentially just about everyone could come back next year.  However, I would expect for 4 or 5 of them to transfer and TU basically will do a rebuild. Their Coach inherited Frank Haith's team from a year ago and that next season in year two, he can build his own squad. It only makes sense to start over.  

I tried dropping-in on the TU message board this afternoon for my weekly helping of schadenfreude, and was greeted by this:

Untitled 4.jpeg

Anyone else receiving the same warm welcome, or am I just getting special treatment?  😘

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I tried dropping-in on the TU message board this afternoon for my weekly helping of schadenfreude, and was greeted by this:

Untitled 4.jpeg

Anyone else receiving the same warm welcome, or am I just getting special treatment?  😘

The site must be down.  I'm getting the same thing and I'm not a regular on their site.

21 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Untitled 4.jpeg

Isn't that the same message you used to get from Kelly Hines 🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Isn't that the same message you used to get from Kelly Hines 🤣

What do you mean "used to"?? 

Here's a recent Twitter post where she's miffed about covering the TU-UCF game (in other words, "her job") and it interfering with her girls' night out...  🤐

I'll cut her some slack. There's not a lot I wouldn't be upset about interrupting to have to write about a 44-point loss!

• Haha 1