KO's future

TrueBlue82

Is anyone going to compare this to the kevin Durant to golden state move? Or did I just do it

1 hour ago, Ting said:

Is anyone going to compare this to the kevin Durant to golden state move? Or did I just do it

1. No

2. Maybe, but why?

1) No ill will towards Kevin Obanor. He gave us some incredible basketball and lifted our program to new heights. He's graduated and has every right to pursue other opportunities.  Appreciate all his efforts. 

2) I understand the parallels in the situation if KO does go to Arkansas, but you can't compare last year's Arkansas team to the 73 win Golden State team that eliminated OKC. You also can't compare OKC (a great NBA franchise) to a low major ORU. The situations just aren't comparable. 

52 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

It doesn’t appear that KD has regretted leaving OKC.

KD will never admit publicly that he regrets leaving OKC - he may not even admit it to himself. But that was undoubtedly the biggest mistake of his NBA career, maybe his life. He went from small town hero to the biggest villain and one of the most hated players in AGES. Maybe all of his issues are unrelated, but the correlation from that move and the beginning of all of the twitter drama and insecurity seem to be a bit more than a coincidence to me. 

8 hours ago, Ting said:

I wrote the post but deleted it. 

Pretty sure he is set on Texas Tech and just waiting for the transcripts to go through. 

They definitely need him. 

2 hours ago, darrenj said:

Pretty sure he is set on Texas Tech and just waiting for the transcripts to go through. 

They definitely need him. 

Sure hope you're right - for some reason, the thought of the Piggies getting over on ORU yet again just rankles my craw.

And believe me, if you've never had your craw rankled, it is not a pleasant experience.  👴   #oldmancliches

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Sure hope you're right - for some reason, the thought of the Piggies getting over on ORU yet again just rankles my craw.

And believe me, if you've never had your craw rankled, it is not a pleasant experience.  👴   #oldmancliches

Agree, OT.  I would much rather see him at Tech.

Selfishly, I would breathe a big sigh of relief if KO ends up in Lubbock vs. with the Hogs.  Fayetteville is just too close to Tulsa, and operates within the same media market.  As such, any mention next season of a positive story about KO’s performance with Arkansas would also carry a message (subliminal or overt) of “ORU wasn’t good enough to keep him”.  That shouldn’t happen (or at least as often) if Kevin is a Red Raider. 

• Upvote 1

Verbal commits also has K.O. going to Texas Tech.  Good for him.  He will get a lot of chances to play on national tv agaisnt high quality competition.  This is his chance to shine again!

K.O, had a great career at ORU, finishing in the top 20 all time in both scoring and rebounding.  His freshman year was off the charts, as he came in and was the big bright spot on a 11-20 team.  Kevin was so fearless that year!

A lot of good memories throughout his career, God bless him on his next journey!

Wow! 3 former ORU assistant coaches on the Red Raiders staff?!

Sean Sutton

Talvin Hester

Corey Williams

Solid dudes!

Kevin’s latest post on Twitter below.  No caption. Just another old but altered photo.  I just don’t get it…image.thumb.png.36eea19fad7297f33be36bfd4164950b.png

It makes me very sad to see him go, but I also wish him nothing but the best and great success at his new school.

I/We knew he was going to Texas Tech a month ago. But, I guess it was cool to do all those tweet thingys and draw it out??

I don't wish any ill on the kid, but at this point I won't lose any sleep if he ends up playing 15-20 minutes a game and averages 6ppg on a .500 squad. 

• Like 2

If it had to be this way, I'm just glad it's over!  The drama was pretentious and egotistical, IMO.  Pumped about next season and seeing what Max and the fellas can do.  Super excited about Luka and the new recruits.  Go Big Blue!

Rob