KO's future

TrueBlue82

7 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

So good! Always entertaining. 😂

Yea.. I couldn't resist saying a few things on that one. I am not sure i have seen a bigger group of not very smart folks on any site. 

They might not have a spot for Obanor?:) Yea... Since he would be one of their top 2 or 3 players on the team easily. Something tells me Haith would gladly have him on the team. Geez!

18 hours ago, titansforever said:

Where else can you go to get both excellent sports commentary and lessons in statistics? 🙂  ORU Sports Forum!

Couple that with the gambling advice and the knowledge of fine beer, and there's no reason to go anywhere else on the internet. 

1 hour ago, darrenj said:

Yea.. I couldn't resist saying a few things on that one. I am not sure i have seen a bigger group of not very smart folks on any site. 

They might not have a spot for Obanor?:) Yea... Since he would be one of their top 2 or 3 players on the team easily. Something tells me Haith would gladly have him on the team. Geez!

Your posts were the only ones based on reality. They can’t decide whether to trash Kevin’s bona fides, or fantasize about him actually wanting to transfer to a dumpster fire like TU.

Particularly puzzled by the clown who said he “loves all of the ORU fans blustering about how neither of their stars would be leaving.”

Name one ORU fan who said anything of the sort??

I've never met Kevin Obanor, but I've been very impressed by him as a player and a person. He played fantastic during the tourney run; as he did throughout his ORU career, and seeing his comments and interviews during the tourney and afterwards I've been just as impressed by him as an intelligent and thoughtful young man!

I just cant imagine that there is going to be a better fit for him at any other program in the country then at ORU. Coach Mills high pick offense is the best showcase for both Max's and KO's skills possible. Its an NBA style that allows both Max and Kevin to show NBA people skills that translate to the next level. With Max coming off that screen, KO or whoever is setting that screen is going to get open shots all day long!! it's already been proven to be successful...the sweet 16 speaks for itself!  There isn't another program in the country where he is going to walk into that almost perfect situation.

No one wants to be the 2nd fiddle, but when the main guy is the nations leading scorer, being #2 is better then being the main guy somewhere else because you wont be the defenses main focus. KO could come back and get national media attention all year, on an outstanding team, and be a part of possibly the best duo in college basketball!! 

• Upvote 2

Now that college athletes can be compensated, should we start a Please return to ORU KO fund?! I'll kick in some $$$

From an NIL perspective, it makes the most sense for KO to return to ORU. Here he can team up with Max and do a bunch of advertising spots, autograph signings etc… anywhere else he goes, his role will not be as obvious and sponsors will have much more of a “wait and see” approach. By the time they see, the season could be halfway over by then.

Come Back KO!!!

5 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

From an NIL perspective, it makes the most sense for KO to return to ORU. Here he can team up with Max and do a bunch of advertising spots, autograph signings etc… anywhere else he goes, his role will not be as obvious and sponsors will have much more of a “wait and see” approach. By the time they see, the season could be halfway over by then.

Come Back KO!!!

He has more NIL chances at ORU over Arkansas or Texas Tech? 

Eh. Not sure about that. The big boy schools have a LOT more big money boosters.

4 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Eh. Not sure about that. The big boy schools have a LOT more big money boosters.

I'm not sure how the NIL works.  Will teams be given money or will it be individuals or both?  

2 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Agree completely Voice, ORU has every advantage except the NIL money. The big school coach's(or intermediary-I don't want to imply any schools are violating the rules...LOL) only have to make a call and say we need this player in our program and the answer on the other end of the phone is "what do you need coach"!!

And at the blue bloods like Kentucky, UNC or most of the top 25 really, the coach doesn't even have to call, the BB offices phones are ringing off the hooks with boosters wanting to help the program!! They will make deals to get the players into the program, no wait and see. 

9 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

Agree completely Voice, ORU has every advantage except the NIL money. The big school coach's(or intermediary-I don't want to imply any schools are violating the rules...LOL) only have to make a call and say we need this player in our program and the answer on the other end of the phone is "what do you need coach"!!

And at the blue bloods like Kentucky, UNC or most of the top 25 really, the coach doesn't even have to call, the BB offices phones are ringing off the hooks with boosters wanting to help the program!! They will make deals to get the players into the program, no wait and see. 

Precisely.

But, I have to imagine that a few calls have been made from 81st & Lewis to any ORU big money boosters, suggesting that if they need a spokesman for their company, that KO & Max are available. 😉

15 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

I'm not sure how the NIL works.  Will teams be given money or will it be individuals or both?  

The NIL money will come from businesses, directly to the player. 

Hypothetically, Hobby Lobby needs someone for a new commercial and they contact Max to make a cameo, for an agreed sum. Or, a local car dealer is having a big sale and they call KO and have him come to the dealership and shakes hands, for an agreed sum. 

What kind of money would K.O. make?  Maybe say a couple of thousand.  Yes the big stars will get some real money but most articles say the average college sports person will make between 1-10 K.  But I guess if you are making zero then a few thousand seems like a nice chuck of change.

1 minute ago, oruvoice said:

Expect a decision about KO's future in the next few days...

In the meantime, pray!

8 minutes ago, titansforever said:

In the meantime, pray!

I'm told the decsion has been made.

But, nothing wrong with prayer. Throw one my way. 

2 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

I'm told the decsion has been made.

But, nothing wrong with prayer. Throw one my way. 

I'll pray that KO's decision works out beautifully for him. And that if he's leaving, our team will continue to do extremely well. And win the Summit again. 🙂

And God bless oruvoice!

• Haha 1