KO's future

TrueBlue82

48 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

I have to be honest that purposely dragging out a decision like Kevin is doing to apparently increase his exposure doesn’t sit well with me.  Just pick a team and focus on your game and skip all the grandstanding.  But this seems to be how a lot of recruits like to do it.  Coming out of high school is one thing but transferring for your senior year it just seems a bit much to me.

I think if he doesn’t choose ORU he will eventually regret his decision.  I don’t think he will walk into another situation that will feature him for 38 minutes a game and run a system designed for him to be the main scoring threat.  It is very unlikely that he will be able to maintain his scoring and rebounding averages from last year unless he stays at ORU.

I had the same reaction initially, but the more I think about it, I don't begrudge him getting some publicity out of it. He was criminally under-recruited coming out of high school and never got that exposure. And with the new reality of NIL, it's only smart for him to gauge interest, and even try to drum up some more, before deciding where to go. And at the end of the day, just like Max, the more attention he gets and the better he does for himself, the better ORU looks to future recruits. So I'm okay with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

I have to be honest that purposely dragging out a decision like Kevin is doing to apparently increase his exposure doesn’t sit well with me.  Just pick a team and focus on your game and skip all the grandstanding.  But this seems to be how a lot of recruits like to do it.  Coming out of high school is one thing but transferring for your senior year it just seems a bit much to me.

I think if he doesn’t choose ORU he will eventually regret his decision.  I don’t think he will walk into another situation that will feature him for 38 minutes a game and run a system designed for him to be the main scoring threat.  It is very unlikely that he will be able to maintain his scoring and rebounding averages from last year unless he stays at ORU.

I completely agree with Jason here.  And why take the "ORU" off the jersey for the pic?  THAT really bugs me...Oh well.  

What happened to being so glad to be a part of a team and university that glorifies God and puts Him on a higher pedastal?  

Bring back the flame and GO BIG BLUE!

Rob  

Edited by ORob1

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

Totally Agree!

I also agree that "grand standing" for fan support seems a bit much, but I don't think Kevin holds any ill will towards ORU. Quite the contrary. ORU helped him and he helped ORU. This is business now (literally). Nothing personal. His people are telling him he will have more opportunities at a larger institution. For his sake, I hope they are right. I want KO to succeed. At the end of the day, he will always be apart of ORU history. 

• Like 1

TBH, and with all due respect, NO ONE on this board knows what's best for KO. Any conjecture of "grandstanding" or selfish motives hold no water. Didn't he finish his degree? ORU might not have a graduate degree he's interested in pursuing. He deserves to do what's best for him more than anyone on here deserves to have him back next season. Have you guys have been spending too much time on the TU board? 😆

I agree about him pursuing his masters degree.  ORU only offers certain masters programs.  I don’t know which masters program he will be pursuing.  I like Kevin and believe he has been a tremendous ambassador for ORU.

I just don’t care for the approach and you are right that unfortunately by removing the amateur status college basketball is now simply a follow the money situation.  That is really sad for the sport and only makes me appreciate Max’s commitment to ORU that much more.

• Like 1

Best wishes, KO....TheEagleman wants you back at ORU but if you want to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond....so be it....ORU would be a much better team with you on it.....but do what you have to do....still time come back to 7777 So. Lewis....:k_obanor::shield-logo:

Spoiler

I don't begrudge Kevin trying to capitalize on the moment; I just thought that particular tweet was poorly written, designed, and executed.

It smacked of bad advice from a family member/girlfriend/wanna-be agent/etc. 

As one of our favorite posters on this board expressed to me in a text:  "It sounds like an 18-year-old high school guy said that; not a 23-year-old college graduate."

I would just like to think that wasn't really Kevin doing the talking, or perhaps even his idea to begin with. 

Otherwise, from a promotional standpoint, it's kinda disappointing...

So What No GIF

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Yawn. 

Kevin sure loves him some Kevin. 

I dont like this-even as a Bama fan...  : )  The Tide will be loaded at Guard and perhaps he's the missing power Forward they need, but he'll have to compete for every minute he gets...

KO is apparently starved for attention, IMO.  Of course, it doesn't matter what I think...or he'd be coming back to ORU.  Wonder why he isn't even considering it?  At least there's no sign that he is...I'm puzzled and bummed.

Bring back the flame and Go Big Blue!

Rob

14 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

I dont like this-even as a Bama fan...

One question Rob... Exactly who is Tad? And why is he always rolling?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

One question Rob... Exactly who is Tad? And why is he always rolling?

Dr. C 

You'd have to ask the ultimate Crimson Tide fan, Dickie Nadmeyer about that....He's worth googling if you have a few minutes and need a good laugh.

Bring back the flame and Go Big Blue!

Rob

Kevin’s Final Four (from Instagram)

Alabama

Illinois

Arkansas 

Texas Tech

My guess is that he’ll invite Texas Tech and Arkansas to the fantasy suite….Voice, who you got in the season finale?

• Haha 1

*sigh*

Not a big fan of Transfer Portal Kevin.

I miss Grateful March Madness Kevin:

• Upvote 1