Summit League Tourney semis: ORU vs. SDSU

Old Titan

Wish they would call contact the same on both ends of the floor.

SDSU grabbing and holding every possession 

Nice seeing Weaver put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop. The kids length can even the playing field if he continues doing that. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Wish they would call contact the same on both ends of the floor.

SDSU grabbing and holding every possession 

EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

Role players coming up big again tonight. Jurgens playing well. Kareem has 10 already. DJ playing a big role both offensively, and doing his best to fill in defensively (beating my expectations for sure). Very good very good.

Who knew that SDSU not figuring out the zone would give us  a lead going into the half?

14 offensive rebounds for SDSU to ORU's 1.  How is ORU ahead?

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

14 offensive rebounds for SDSU to ORU's 1.  How is ORU ahead?

Turnovers. Don't have the stats in front of me but SDSU has been very careless with the ball. 

• Thanks 1

Coach Mills is coaching his heart out!  His effort is A!  Eagles up by 9 at the half.  The other guys are once again playing really good.  Maybe an upset brewing!

3 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

Who knew that SDSU not figuring out the zone would give us  a lead going into the half?

Super weird zone too. Giving Dentlinger all the space in the world at the free throw line to do whatever he wants, and he can't quite figure it out. Who picked that up in the scouting report? Props to them. 

3 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

Turnovers. Don't have the stats in front of me but SDSU has been very careless with the ball. 

Or good defense by our guys? 😆

1 minute ago, vcboy2000 said:

thanks....just tuned in for the last few minutes of the half.

ORU needs someone to get on the defensive glass in the second half.

Outrebounded by 16, Obanor with zero points, but ORU up by 9 at the half.  The kind of game that would make Houdini proud!

• Like 1

All I can say is I'm ready to say I was wrong! Go get em Eagles in the 2nd half!!

3 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Coach Mills is coaching his heart out!  His effort is A!  Eagles up by 9 at the half.  The other guys are once again playing really good.  Maybe an upset brewing!

And, yes, I have NEVER seen Coach Mills so animated on the sideline.  He TOTALLY wants this one for his team.  I love the passion...  And, he called a timeout at a really critical point in the first half.  Nicely done. 

1 minute ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Gotta admit, I kinda rolled my eyes at that observation until I thought about it for a minute:  Mills is much more animated than usual tonight.

And I haven’t seen him reference one single Baylor yellow index card yet! 😉

Speaking of 🙄, these announcers are going to need a huge box of Kleenex at the end of this one if ORU hangs on. Granted, they are MidCo announcers, so they have called more SDSU games than any other team, but they just spent the entire halftime discussing what the Jackrabbits needed to do to get back in the game. 

Very bush-league...they are both right where they belong on regional cable in the Great White North.

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

Very bush-league...they are both right where they belong on regional cable in the Great White North.

celebrate take off GIF by CBC

The bench has played incredible so far!

21 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Speaking of 🙄, these announcers are going to need a huge box of Kleenex at the end of this one if ORU hangs on. Granted, they are MidCo announcers, so they have called more SDSU games than any other team, but they just spent the entire halftime discussing what the Jackrabbits needed to do to get back in the game. 

They're even worse in the second half. Impossible to listen to. Going to turn Adam on.