Summit League Tourney semis: ORU vs. SDSU

Old Titan

Curious to see the Vegas line on this semi-final match-up; I'm guessing SDSU -6, with a total around 156.

Will be shocked if the Jackrabbits don't try pounding the ball inside as they did in Game 2 in Tulsa.  Plet, who was excellent off the bench in the first half Sunday, may see even more time on Monday night.

The two matchups between the teams in mid-February were an "OVER-fest", with 189 and 175 points scored.  156 seems a bit low, but I don't expect the game to follow the fact pace of the previous matchups.  After all, it's tourney time.

The Jackrabbits average 50 percent shooting and have 5 guys who score around double figures or more (even without Friedal).  Tough to draw up a defense to stop that kind of offense.  We will see what Coach Mills can come up with in the next 20 hours.  He will be burning the midnight oil!

Win or lose on Monday, this year’s team has been the most entertaining/exciting to watch since the Green/Tutt/Owens days.  Max and KO are a great dual threat, and there are some complementary pieces that can be difference makers on any given night.  There were several years in the late-Sutton and early-Mills era when the style of play and talent level was virtually unwatchable, even for a diehard ORU fan. 

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman expects the Jacks to be a 5 or 6 point favorite but O/U should be about 160.....tough game to call....obviously SDSU will be tough to beat in their home state...will there be any fans permitted?  ORU will need to have their best performance of the season to win this game....can it be done?  Yes it can.....Likely?....well....as I said, Jacks will be tough to beat.....need to review more film before making a prediction.....will do so later in the afternoon.....Go Blue!  :tb-white:

13 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

The two matchups between the teams in mid-February were an "OVER-fest", with 189 and 175 points scored.  156 seems a bit low, but I don't expect the game to follow the fact pace of the previous matchups.  After all, it's tourney time.

Vegas has weighed in:  SDSU -5, total is 162.5.

Which translates into a score of 84-79 in favor of the Jackrabbits, which I frankly think is a bit high as a total.  I would bet SDSU to cover the 5 points, but I would take the under  

Let’s see if ORU can carry forward the good defense and shot selection from Sunday night. 

Grateful to be able to watch yesterday’s and today’s games on ESPN+.  And grateful for the victory in the first round. 

However, I did quickly tire of the commentators’ bias in calling the game. And once I noticed it, it annoyed me even more. 

So my question(s)-of-the-day is to those you who have successfully watched on TV and streamed audio from ESPN 99.9:  

How did you do it?

Can you give me some quick tips/steps so I won’t be missing the game while figuring it out myself?

Are the audio and video in sync enough to make it worthwhile (and not annoying)?

And anything else I need to know to make it more enjoyable?

Thanks.  GO EAGLES!!

We watched the broadcast and listened to Adam.  It was annoyingly off - the audio was behind the video.  I can deal with it better if the video is behind the audio.  

We did enjoy ESPN+.  We will need to remind each other to cancel in a month.  🙂

31 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

We watched the broadcast and listened to Adam.  It was annoyingly off - the audio was behind the video.  I can deal with it better if the video is behind the audio.  

We did enjoy ESPN+.  We will need to remind each other to cancel in a month.  🙂

I was hoping to hear from you, Mrs. Smith as I thought you had mentioned this once before. 

“Listened to Adam...” how?  On your phone?  How does one get ESPN 99.9?

I’ve been successful before using two devices (phone and computer), and logging into ESPN on one and ORU audio on the other.  I’ve paused the video until the audio catches up with it, and have usually been able to get it synched up pretty well. 

I agree that the commentary was annoying.  They would have some segments of the game where they would be decent, and then would shift into “and this is a good time for the Fighting Hawks to make their comeback” mode...

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I agree that the commentary was annoying.  They would have some segments of the game where they would be decent, and then would shift into “and this is a good time for the Fighting Hawks to make their comeback” mode...

EXACTLY!!!

This is a game where ORU could really use Lufile's size because SDSU has three or four bigs that ORU has to guard.  It was frustating to watch DJ try and guard some guy on the Jacks who has 40 pounds on him.  The good news for the Eagles is that SDSU does not seem to have anyone who can really guard Max, as he put up 42 and 30 in the regular season matchups.  Kareem and Carlos can also drive on their bigs.  It is defintely a game of speed vs size.

I predict it will take a heroic effort to win tonight due to the size of the Jacks. If the Eagles are to win KO and Max will have to put up a lot of points and have the supporting cast play at a high level! If an ORU team can pull off an upset this team certainly could. SD State 75-ORU 68

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Vegas has weighed in:  SDSU -5, total is 162.5.

Which translates into a score of 84-79 in favor of the Jackrabbits, which I frankly think is a bit high as a total.  I would bet SDSU to cover the 5 points, but I would take the under  

Let’s see if ORU can carry forward the good defense and shot selection from Sunday night. 

You are betting that SDSU wins by more than 5 points? 

Pfft. And, you call yourself a fan. 

Im not betting on tonight's game Im realistically predicting  we will lose by at least 7 points, maybe more. I have been a huge fan of ORU basketball for 36 years and we have not performed well in the Dakotas in the tournament. i would love to eat my wrong prediction!

Two hours until tipoff.....I have watched a ton of tape and reviewed the Analytics and it comes down to this.....it appears that the Jacks have the bigger stronger team and should win...this is the rubber match/3rd of the season between the teams and common sense says SDSU wins 2 of 3...but this has been a charmed sports weekend for ORU....a Miracle if you will....Soccer Team wins a pair at Denver where they have never won before to stay undefeated at 7-0....the underachieving baseball team goes to highly ranked LSU in Baton Rouge and instead of a trio of blowout losses, the Good Guys win 2 of 3 which is a mind blower....now the mens roundball team is in Sioux Falls where they historically get whipped and are in the semi finals vs. the host team....doesn't look good, right?.....wrong.....our guys will have to play their best game of the season but tonight they get it done....yeah, it will be close and it will be tough but Mad Max is going to be the difference with a 30+ point effort....we also need big contributions from KO, Thompson and DJ.....and there won't be 5000 screaming Jacks fans sucking down Old Milwaukee Light.....by 9pm tonight, TheEagleman will be enjoying a nice Chianti in celebration of a big victory and anticipation of an ESPN appearance in the final tomorrow night.....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!!.....ORU 85  SDSU 82.....GO BLUE!!!....:tb-blue:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

You are betting that SDSU wins by more than 5 points? 

Pfft. And, you call yourself a fan. 

You of all people know that I call ‘em like I see ‘em. 

That makes me no less a fan than you if your beloved Memphis Tigers were in a similar situation in the AAC tournament. 

Particularly if (as in my prediction above) there was $$$ involved. 😎

Offense is looking shaky right now. We'll need the three ball to go in to keep it close until KO get's back in the game.