Scott Sutton Released

WeirdAlORU

Fair enough.

I never heard about a strict no-tattoo rule but if you're going to institute a personality test designed to make the team look more like the student body, then a person's tattoo(s) would almost certainly have to factor into the equation.

Just now, Bad Blood said:

Fair enough.

I never heard about a strict no-tattoo rule but if you're going to institute a personality test designed to make the team look more like the student body, then a person's tattoo would almost certainly have to factor into the equation.

Why are there multiple players with tattoos and even with sleeves on the team now? One joined this season.

Is there a rule or not?

For a doctor your reading comprehension is not great. 

Read the post. I never heard about a strict no tattoo rule.

But tattoos would have to factor into any recruit test designed to make the team look like the student body.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Nice guy and straight-shooter John Holcomb of KOTV just skewered ORU's move on 9pm and 10pm news.

Wow. Well, I stand corrected. That's completely ridiculous and displays total administrative incompetence. I guess this is why you don't hire a non-academic with no executive experience to run a university. You can't run the school like a church camp and expect to be successful in Division I athletics. 

• Upvote 2

Well....this is a sad sad day for ORU and TheEagleman....you can't fire a man like Scott Sutton....but Wilson did.....what a A$$hole Billy is....I concur with DoMo's comment...Wilson needs to go and quickly....As a loyal ORU alum....I am ashamed of my alma mater today and the classless way this was handled. It makes me sick to my stomach. Coach Sutton will have no problem finding another job because he has character.... Something Mr. Wilson seriously lacks. God bless Scott Sutton and all he has done for ORU....and I am praying that the Lord deals swiftly with that low class snake Billy Wilson.....:puke:

TheEagleman is just beyond pissed. I was busy last night and not on the internet....woke up to a text this morning from my son Eagleman Jr. Who lives in So. Florida....so the sad news is out all over the country...no tattoos???....Lol.... The Board needs to oust Billy the Snake Wilson TODAY!!!...lets see how this plays out but TheEagleman is devastated and this Black Monday will go down as one of the darkest days in ORU history!!. :@:n::rain:;(

3 hours ago, ManiacAlum said:

Wow. Well, I stand corrected. That's completely ridiculous and displays total administrative incompetence. I guess this is why you don't hire a non-academic with no executive experience to run a university. You can't run the school like a church camp and expect to be successful in Division I athletics. 

You're assuming he cares whether athletics is successful or not.

• Upvote 1

Today is a big day for Mike Carter.  I have had my differences with Mike over the years, but have come to respect him as an individual as well as the Athletic Director, and believe that he has done a really good job for the school.  I do not think anyone who has been an observer of the athletic program over the years believes that he supported the firing of Scott.  Today he will have to choose between being a man of integrity and saying that Scott's firing was wrong, or being an "organization man" and saying something to the effect of onward and upward.

I believe that Mike will do the right thing both for himself and the school and maintain his integrity.

Wow!...so you think Mike Carter will fall on his sword?...interesting that the release came from Billy the Snake Wilson and not Mike Carter....maybe Carter is gone also....today will be interesting.....Wilson must be a total putz.....this is just embarrassing and pathetic......:puke:

7 hours ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

why is Haiston asking Self questions about ORU's recruiting policies over a month ago and trying to schedule an interview with Wilson??  it sounds like this was in the air for weeks and Sutton was prepping the media for an eventual firing.  (getting his side out first......nothing at all wrong with that)

why is Mike Carter getting let off the hook on this?  IF all the reports are true, the firing sounds like it was handled by a President that has never fired a high profile, well liked employee and by an AD that has never fired a high profile, well liked Coach in his over 20+ years as ORU's AD.  BOTH share blame if this was bungled as badly as reported.

--take the PR hit immediately after the season, notify the coach first in person, and start your coaching search.  don't drag things out for weeks providing conditions you are well aware the coach will never agree to.

• Upvote 1

"...Today he will have to choose between being a man of integrity and saying that Scott's firing was wrong, or being an "organization man" and saying something to the effect of onward and upward.

I believe that Mike will do the right thing both for himself and the school and maintain his integrity."

If this is the test of Carter's "integrity" then let's just watch.   I don't think there is a chance that he will exhibit integrity!   He will be the "organization man" and support Wilson's actions and decisions.  The "right thing" ... It won't happen.   Carter's lack of integrity in his words and deeds throughout Black Monday show us all the scope of his influence and his courage to make the right decision.

• Upvote 1

Personally, yesterday's momentary feeling of excitement has since been replaced with dread. On the one hand I do believe that a change at Head Coach was an appropriate decision (although he could have given him at least another year) and on the other the hand, the execution of such a change completely undermines the importance of the change itself. 

I don't believe this is as black and white as some say. My personal belief is that several people in the know felt like this was coming and because of combination of things, such as the entitlement SS and MC felt for the program, they decided to not cooperate. Still, Wilson is a classic egomaniac. Trust me. He is a pastor at heart that is pretending to be an educator. He's the kind of guy who believes that the only way the university will be successful is if he's the one with every idea (inspired by God, of course :grimacing:) and only if he's the one being promoted at every stop. 

Don't expect much from the board on this one. There will be no ousting of Billy. He just successfully fundraised $50M for the university. I'm afraid that we might have seen the best days of ORU basketball. This is not good, folks. 

• Upvote 1

Scott Sutton's record before Billy Wilson: 270-177 (.604)

Scott Sutton's record since Billy Wilson (hired June 1, 2013): 58-70 (.453)

• Upvote 1

If they had decided to fire somebody....Scott should have been let go a month ago...not mid-April....this is a disaster....TheEagleman agrees that ORU roundball has seen the glory days.....it's likely all over.....could be worse than 30 years ago....I am disgusted....BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!....:puke:

So I guess we won't be joining the Missouri Valley....any chance fans will start a "WE WANT SCOTT" cheer at the ORU-OU baseball game tonight?....;-)