Scott Sutton Released

WeirdAlORU

Stunning.

Knew President Billy Wilson was VERY unhappy with current situation, but never dreamed he would pull the trigger right now, and never dreamed Mike Carter would go along with it.

I never thought it could happen....and now that it has I'm not quite sure how I feel...the losing the last two years has sucked, but Scott is the kind of coach I think you would want your son to play for....I guess it all does come down to winning 

• Upvote 2

I have confirmation this is 100% true...

No way he deserved this.

No way.

HOW IS THAT IN FIFTY FREAKING YEARS ORU HAS LEARNED NOTHING ABOUT PUBLIC RELATIONS???

3 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

I never thought it could happen....and now that it has I'm not quite sure how I feel...the losing the last two years has sucked, but Scott is the kind of coach I think you would want your son to play for....I guess it all does come down to winning 

Agreed. I know there are those that will be ecstatic over the news, but I can't help but think he EARNED a bit more time to turn it around after the success and loyalty he's shown.

• Upvote 2

What happened, and how it was executed is like "twilight zone" stuff.  With the Gottlieb post, it is even more strange ... This is not good for our reputation, recruiting and player retention.   It immediately reminded me of the Ken Hayes incident ... and that didn't go very well!

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

No way he deserved this.

No way.

HOW IS THAT IN FIFTY FREAKING YEARS ORU HAS LEARNED NOTHING ABOUT PUBLIC RELATIONS???

This is 100% the truth. SS did not deserve that and it's a shame that this will now overshadow a good decision by the university. 

Why now, in the midst of recruiting? Could of done this a month ago! Unbelievable that it was handled this way...makes me side more with Sutton and less with ORU....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

No way he deserved this.

No way.

If that's true... INCREDIBLY disappointed in my university. That is low class garbage.

2 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Why now, in the midst of recruiting? Could of done this a month ago! Unbelievable that it was handled this way...makes me side more with Sutton and less with ORU....

The timing is really stupid.

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

What happened, and how it was executed is like "twilight zone" stuff.  With the Gottlieb post, it is even more strange ... This is not good for our reputation, recruiting and player retention.   It immediately reminded me of the Ken Hayes incident ... and that didn't go very well!

Whose the first player to go? Hope it's not Big E!

3 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Whose the first player to go? Hope it's not Big E!

Coaches get fired every season.

There is a tried-and-true way to do it.

This was not it.

Shades of the Ken Hayes "Christmas Massacre" over 30 years ago, which gutted the ORU fan base.

AND APPARENTLY NOBODY LEARNED A DAMNED THING FROM THAT MISTAKE.

Incredible...

The “Fallout” from how this was decided and executed is just “classless”.   Even if Wilson made this decision unilaterally, where was Carter with the voice-of-reason?     Carter should have communicated how critical the communication plan had to be.   Was he asleep at the wheel?    The firing of Ken Hayes resulted in thousands of disenfranchised fans, lost season ticket-holders that never came back, and general dismay with the leadership of athletics.   Even if it were “for cause”, there is still diplomacy that has to be executed.   Respect for the athletic department leadership is gone.    We will look like Buffoons in the Tulsa sports community, again.   UGH!

• Upvote 1