Jose Trevino Update

TrueBlue82

I always thought baseball Joe Buck was pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of football Joe Buck and Aikman though haha. 

Jose and Blue Jays pitcher Alek Manoah were definitely the stars of the broadcast.

I know they've been mic'ing up players the last few years during some regular season games but it seems much more intrusive and definitely never get to hear from pitchers/catchers. 

No way Manfred came up with that idea, a man who has managed to make himself easily the worst current sports commissioner despite having the shortest tenure. 

Looking at the box score, I *guess* I'll give Dusty a small break for not getting Jordan in the game since Edwin Diaz and Dodgers starter Tyler Anderson didn't make it in for the NL. 

Still, Romano leads the AL in saves, he deserved it. Too many all-stars now, plus would have been better if the game wasn't close. 

AL uniforms have to be one of the ugliest of all time....just awful.....look like softball players.. should just wear their regular team home/away unis.....🤢

New York Yankees: Jose Trevino, C

The Yankees traded their embattled starting catcher, Gary Sanchez, to Minnesota last winter, content to go into the season with lesser-known defense-first backstops. With that in mind, they acquired veteran Jose Trevino from Texas to split the catching duties with incumbent Kyle Higashioka. Trevino has outplayed Higashioka by a considerable margin, however, and he's slowly taken over as the number one catcher on baseball's best team. The 29-year-old has enjoyed the best offensive season of his career--he's already set a new career-high in home runs and  surpassed his previous RBI high at the all-star break. 

AAYVEuz.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some players get traded to the Yankees and wilt in the bright lights of the NYC history, fan expectations and ever-present media attention.  Others bask in the heightened energy and absolutely thrive.  Jose definitely falls in the THRIVE category.

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Some players get traded to the Yankees and wilt in the bright lights of the NYC history, fan expectations and ever-present media attention.  Others bask in the heightened energy and absolutely thrive.  Jose definitely falls in the THRIVE category.

Jose's Rangers' teammate, Joey Gallo, was one that wilted and traded to some new scenery - the Los Angeles Dodgers. 

Jose would have done OK this year with the Texas Rangers, and become the starting catcher with the injury to Mitch Garver, but he would have always had the voice in the back of his mind that he was the team's second choice. 

With the Yankees, he had to prove that he was good and won the starting job - which the Yankees were not expecting.  Jose became as good as he knew he could be.  He outworks anyone in his way and always wins.  Plus, he is a great teammate and community relations guy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was driving home from the ORU men's soccer game tonight at Case and listening to the Astros-Yankees broadcast (Houston station). Trevino came up to bat and Oral Roberts got a mention. So far he has gone 0-3 tonight with two strikeouts. That's fine with me. 🤣

And Jose has the honor of being the final out in Game 1. Astros 4-2 over the Yankees!

Trevino and the Yankees ousted last night as the Astros sweep the ALCS.....can the upstart Phillies upset the mighty team from Houston?....hummmmmm???....Image result for Phillies Logo vs. Image result for Astros Logo