Jose Trevino Update

TrueBlue82

4 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

That was the perfect pitch for Jose - and probably the longest ball he has ever hit.  Most of his HRs just barely get over the fence.  He is a singles hitter with a few doubles and HRs sprinkled in between. 

Hitting in the mid-.200's, until his offensive output increases, he will continue to be platooned with a backup and known as a defensive craftsman (which isn't always bad, but may not get him into the All-Star game every year).

8 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

That was the perfect pitch for Jose - and probably the longest ball he has ever hit.  Most of his HRs just barely get over the fence.  He is a singles hitter with a few doubles and HRs sprinkled in between. 

Hitting in the mid-.200's, until his offensive output increases, he will continue to be platooned with a backup and known as a defensive craftsman (which isn't always bad, but may not get him into the All-Star game every year).

Great intel here Bogus. Posada was the more offensive threat at catcher over Joe Girardi in the 90’s. Both were great and put the ball in play often.

Ivan Rodríguez (Marlins WS) was a defensive machine and always known for that of course. Piazza was one of the best offensive catchers of this current generation. Yadi Molina had a more balanced approach to both sides of the ball. 

Edited by ORUFanbase

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Elis Flight Crew said:

This was the day that Jose went on the 10-Day IL.  He should be coming off that tomorrow and traveled with the team to Seattle, so will probably play.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Over 11 million views on that game.  What a bizarre ending to this game.  You have to teach your team the rules and play accordingly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
18 hours ago, ORUTex said:

Jose signed a one-year, $2.7 contract with the Yanks to avoid arbitration for 2024.

I'm hoping that's a typo on the contract numbers... 😉

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Haha 2

I would think he could have gotten a lot more than that in arbritation.

7 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I would think he could have gotten a lot more than that in arbitration.

Not hitting .210 and coming off injury?  I believe Trevi would have risked more than made in arbitration.  Plus, I doubt he wanted to leave the Yankees just yet.  They are the creme of the crop in organizations.  Until Jose is allowed to test the markets, he will continue to make the pay grade provided by the union.  Regardless, I'm sure he isn't crying that he is only making $2.7 million doing what he loves to do.

• Like 3