Next Years Schedule

orumbb_insider

Gill Coliseum at Oregon State is a grand old field house.  It's got a huge, vaulted wooden ceiling and old style wood seating.  It's a nostalgic place to play a game.  It's got a kind of character that is missing from more modern field houses.

About 1973 or so I went to my first concert there - to see the old 70s group "War." Left early because the, uh, *smoke* was a little too thick.

One other thing I found while surfing the web about Gill Coliseum was an article with the following title, that I thought was interesting:

"2013-14 Beavers had lowest attendance in Gill Coliseum history: Oregon State men's basketball season by the numbers"

Of course, Oregon State had an unremarkable 16-16 season that cost coach Craig Robinson his job . . .

So for sure we host Tulsa on 11/14; at Oklahoma on 11/19; at Oregon State on11/22; at MGM Vegas Tourny on 11/24 & 26; at Weber State on 12/1; host New Mexico State on 12/13; and host Missouri State sometime as well. Also, still more to come.

This is shaping up as a very attractive Non-Conference schedule plus moving back to the Summit brings in some more attractive teams.....now is the time to buy those ORU season tickets, my friends!!!.... :eagles:

My thoughts exactly Eagleman. Throw out the IWU game and the remainder of what we know about the OOC schedule coupled with the Summit schedule is really starting to look great.

Yes, the IWU roadie remains a head-scratcher... but everything else appears to be rounding into place.

So for sure we host Tulsa on 11/14; at Oklahoma on 11/19; at Oregon State on11/22; at MGM Vegas Tourny on 11/24 & 26; at Weber State on 12/1; host New Mexico State on 12/13; and host Missouri State sometime as well. Also, still more to come.

ORU is reportedly playing Missouri State both home AND away this season.

Also, there's a really nice "guarantee" road game still to be announced - perennial Top 25 team within reasonable driving distance of Tulsa.

Depends on the definition of "reasonable" distance - but it shouldn't be too difficult for us to narrow this down.

Right off the bat - Kansas, Wichita State, Memphis come to mind...

Others???

Creighton?....Iowa?....Baylor?.....Villanova? (just wishing)...... :nerd:

Okie State, Arkansas, Kansas State and Missouri if we are going with the "reasonable drive" theme. Eagleman, Villanova would be a "reasonable drive" for you. What, less than one-half hour across Philly?  :?:

Nova is about an hour drive for me with traffic....I am on the other side of town....that's a tough ticket on the Main Line...they play their big games at the Wells Fargo in Philly where the Sixers play but their campus arena seats only about 6000 and is usually sold out.....so TheEagleman would prefer if ORU comes to Philly that we play Penn or even Rider U in NJ which is only about a 20 minute drive for me....I attend 2 or 3 Rider games a year with my grandsons...TheEagleman did make the drive to Villanova back in the 1990s to watch ORU lose to the Wildcats when Bill Self was our coach.....the GoldenEagles battled Nova for about 30 minutes but ended up losing by about 20..... :nerd:

It might be near a river and have a mansion that was the home of the "King".