Next Years Schedule

orumbb_insider

You mean the Cuyahoga River and Lebron's mansion? I am not sure about the BBQ but I assume you mean Akron.

From the bdglobalsports.com website, the host of the MGM Grand Main Event:

"The MGM Grand Main Event features two four-team brackets with each team playing two games November 24 and November 26. The Heavyweight bracket includes Auburn, Oklahoma State, Oregon State and Tulsa while the Middleweight bracket will feature Louisiana, Milwaukee, Oral Roberts and a final team to be announced. The pairings for both brackets will be announced on ESPN.com Tuesday, Aug. 5. An additional eight games will be played at home sites preceding the games in Las Vegas."

Guessing they will announce the fourth "middleweight" team at that time...

TU = Heavyweight = Joke...... :rofl:

TU = Heavyweight = Joke...... :rofl:

Like it or not, TU is now in a "heavyweight" conference, with the defending national champion and as many Top 25 teams as most of the traditional "big boy" leagues.

The question is whether TU, Tulane, etc. can remain competitive night-in-and-night-out against the likes of UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU under Larry Brown, Houston under Kelvin Sampson, etc.

That, and how long this league will last before Central Florida and Cincy are poached for football reasons by a bigger league with a fatter TV contract...

Yes, OT....Tulsa is now in a conference with the "big boys"....in fact, TU will be coming to Philadelphia to play Temple U. on a regular basis....TheEagleman just may head down to Lincoln Financial Field on October 11 to watch the Golden Hurricane play the Owls in football....the date for Tulsa-Temple basketball has not yet been released.... :nerd:

Tulsa ought to hammer Temple in football. I always loved watching Ohio own Temple in football while they were in the MAC. But then again, Bowling Green delivered Tulsa a nice smack down in football last Fall. The AAC in football is not as great as one may think.

Tulsa ought to hammer Temple in football. I always loved watching Ohio own Temple in football while they were in the MAC. But then again, Bowling Green delivered Tulsa a nice smack down in football last Fall. The AAC in football is not as great as one may think.

Who thinks the AAC is great in football?  They're not even good.

In fact, if the NCAA breaks up as predicted in the next few years, I can't see but maybe a couple of AAC schools going off to play football with the big land-grant schools, if any at all.  TU is a lock to be left out of that party.

TheEagleman thinks Temple could beat TU in football this season....in fact, book it that Temple will cover with the points.....the Owls should be improved and TU just ain't THAT good..... :nerd:

Looks like ORU vs. LA-Lafayette in the first game in Vegas....they are still looking for another team in our bracket......maybe UCO is available?.... :nerd:

Looks like ORU vs. LA-Lafayette in the first game in Vegas....they are still looking for another team in our bracket......maybe UCO is available?.... :nerd:

The tournament organizer sent me a message on Twitter - says he has had the fourth team all along, but they haven't signed their contract yet.  He won't announce them till they do.

Sure hope so - they're really not going to find anyone else at this late date.

Detroit is a very nice home and home opponent for ORU....this is a school that we will match up well against and is an easy non stop flight from Tulsa to a major Midwest city.....TheEagleman loves it.....ORU should be playing more teams of this caliber... :clap:

This is shaping up to be a GREAT early season pre-conference schedule! Now Coach Sutton and the boys need to perform on the court against these teams so that ORU can regain some of that attention as one of the top mid-major programs........losing at Incarnate Word would not be helpful!

just curious...is IW still D-II status, or do they officially become D-I this season? and will there be any non D-I teams on the schedule that are not exhibition games?

Leaving the IWU game aside, this is really turning into a nice OOC schedule. And you are correct, the boys need to rise to the challenge.

Somebody at Incarnate Word must have photos of Scott Sutton and/or Mike Carter to get ORU to travel down there for an away game.....TheEagleman finds it very strange.... :nerd:

I hope if there are said photos out there that they never ever surface, for everyone's sake.  That game has potential doom written all over it.  We needed a last-second shot by Shawn to beat them this past season, let's hope if we go down there that we're strong enough to overcome the road disadvantage a place like that often has.

ORU Illini- You asked about IW's status.  They're a transitional D-1 member, they've got three more years in that status until they become full D-1, if they get through the transition.  The odds are in favor of that since they started it with the backing of the Southland, and the Southland has committed to being there to hold their hand until the end.  The good thing is that as of this season they are considered D-1 for scheduling purposes.

In reference to Incarnate Word vs ORU, I wonder if the February 7 date is correct.  UIW's 2014-2015 schedule is showing us playing them at their place on that date.

Our basketball schedule is not out yet so I can't cross-check.  Maybe something happened after the other Cardinals released their schedule.   It would be surprising to see an OOC game that late in the season, though.

Link to UIW's schedule:  http://www.cardinalathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

• Upvote 2