ORU at UTA -- CIT

ORUalum

Boy, those were huge free throws by Niles.

Second UTA player fouls out!

the mo has changed back to the good guys.

78-69 ORU with 58 seconds left....Niles with 21....looks like the losing streak is gonna be over..... :nerd:

80-71 with 34 seconds left.  Looks like I should have cancelled the den meeting.

84-76 nice wins guys the big 4 stepped it up what a foul difference though wow 23-6

ORU wins 84-76!!!.....Niles with 24......hard to believe.....EXPECT A MIRACLE, I GUESS......TheEagleman has no other explanation.....I will continue to predict losses.....glad to see Scott get his first post season win!....maybe this will propel this underachieving squad to a nice run in the CIT?....... :clap: 

Anybody know who ORU will play in the 2nd round?..... :nerd:

Final tally....Niles gets 24....Glover 18....Roundtree with 17 and 11 a double double....DBH chips in 15 and Jackson with 9.......nice to get a post season win after 38 yrs.....the last one was a 97-95 victory over Memphis at Madison Square Garden in 1975 when the entire tournament was played in NY....ORU won that game on a buzzer basket by the late Arnold Dugger.....Anthony Roberts also deceased played in that game.....TheEagleman watched that game on TV in the cafeteria on the ORU campus.....but here's a tidbit....my late father and my younger sister took the train up from Philly and attended that game.....so ORU has finally won a post season tournament game after 38 yrs.....wow!.....hard to believe...... :nerd:

I sure hope we don't draw Weber State again in the 2nd round....at 27-6, they are the team to beat in the CIT......any chance ORU will host a 2nd round game?....probably not..... :nerd:

TheEagleman is thinking Tulane, Northern Iowa or Bradley in the 2nd round.....road trip to Hawaii, anyone?????.....the Rainbow Warriors host Air Force later tonight..... :nerd:

I sure hope we don't draw Weber State again in the 2nd round....at 27-6, they are the team to beat in the CIT......any chance ORU will host a 2nd round game?....probably not..... :nerd:

i think you have to pay to host.  i'm guessing ORU goes to Tulane

This was a well played, well executed game tonight. Coach played it right, making the guys slow it down in the 2nd half. Take the win and let them think they're getting a moral victory by coming back, but Coach played the percentages. Very proud of the team. They played very well. UTA played very aggressive defense, hacking and hawking. ORU kept their composure and took the win. Dominating performance in the first half and very strategic in the second.

Great to see Chad Wilkerson in the stands, and meet a father and his nice young man who will be playing for us. Good showing by ORU fans. A good night indeed.

Go EAGLES!

Not to "Belvin" everyone, but ORU won 2 post season games in 1990, in the NAIA national championship tournament in Kansas City, advancing to the Elite 8, before losing to Georgetown. No, not the Hoyas. Georgetown (KY). HA!