ORU at UTA -- CIT

ORUalum

TheEagleman loves his ORU GoldenEagles but not worth the time or money to watch this team in this game....as someone has pointed out......ORU has not won a post season game under Scott Sutton.....there is something to be said about that.....and not having won a post season game period since 1975 (last win was vs. Memphis in the NIT).......well, the odds tomorrow night just ain't good....... :nerd:

Whether true or not, that's not a fair stat to hold over Scott's head, Eagleman.  The majority of those post-season games have been in the NCAA tournament and were decidedly lop-sided - against Memphis, Pitt and the like.  I admit, our game against SMU wasn't the brightest moment in the history of ORU basketball - I'll still be watching tonight.

I'm not giving up on these guys. All it takes is a spark and the seniors want to erase that last game. Otis83, I'll be in 101, Row G or H. I just happened to buy 6 tickets and ended up one row behind Bogus and his boys. UTA Athletic department never returned my calls so I bought blind and ended up around some ORU fans. So I've got that going for me.

ORU by 3.

One more thing Eagleman - do you want to have to say that you didn't watch the first post-season win for ORU since 1975??? 

Could happen.

One more thing Eagleman - do you want to have to say that you didn't watch the first post-season win for ORU since 1975??? 

Could happen.

You beat me to the punch, Doc....my sentiments exactly.  To say that you saw the first post-season win in 39 years is once in a generation/lifetime event (as sad as that may sound).  :shake:

These guys aren't worth giving up....Leave no man behind!!

I'm not giving up on these guys. All it takes is a spark and the seniors want to erase that last game. Otis83, I'll be in 101, Row G or H. I just happened to buy 6 tickets and ended up one row behind Bogus and his boys. UTA Athletic department never returned my calls so I bought blind and ended up around some ORU fans. So I've got that going for me.

ORU by 3.

Sterns 78,

That's what I told myself before I took the whole family to Moody two years ago.  I saw that crew lose a very winnable game in their effort to erase the last game that year. 

You guys have fun in Arlington.  I see that there is streaming available on the CIT website.  I'll be watching at home after the conclusion of the Pack 110 Den 2 meeting.  The boys are really excited about getting that kickball beltloop tonight.  I'll wear my ORU basketball T shirt under my scout shirt and then fill up my Eli pint glass after the boys head home.

We are 1-4 over our last five games; the four losses were to: Weber State (66 to 70), McNeese State (54 to 56), Central Arkansas (84 to 86) and Sam Houston State (55 to 58). The total margin of the four losses was 11 points. I would argue that several of those games should not have been that close - but the fact remains that this team was in every one of those contests.

Interestingly, UT-Arlington has a better road record (10-5) than at home (7-7).

ORU looks better in most statistical categories (conference only):

PPG:     72.9 vs 64.6

PPP:      1.09 vs 0.99

FG%:     47.4% vs. 40.8%

FT%:      72.5% vs. 65.6%

3 PT%:   36.8% vs. 34.8%

A/TO:      0.98 vs 0.91

They shoot an average of 17.6 three-pointers per game versus our 13.9 avg per game. They also commit 21.1 fouls per game - so they are physical.

It's early in the game and Niles & Tree are playing well. ORU leads 19 to 7. Let's see if we can stay focused.

Based on the halftime stats it seems we are beating them in every aspect of the game.  Let's hope we keep this up for 20 more minutes.

TheEagleman may have to eat some serious crow....ORU is poised to win their first post season game in 38 yrs (1975) tonight at Texas-Arlington....we lead 56-41 with 11 minutes left....it appears that Niles and Roundtree have come to play.....17 for Warren and Tree has 16 and 10 already......but this team has blown big 2nd half leads before.....yeah, I am going to have to find this game on line somewhere....can't miss the first post season win since I was a junior at ORU...... :nerd:

By the way, TMH....TheEagleman thinks that never winning a post season game (not 1) is certainly a fair stat to hold over Scott Sutton's head.....yeah he lost some games vs. obviously superior teams in the NCAA but he has also lost to Nevada, SMU and Maryland....all winnable games...... :nerd:

ORU has pushed the lead to 64-45 with 7 minutes left.....we have four players (Niles, Tree, DBH and Glover) in double figures.....it's looking good to break the 38 year post season losing streak.....I know....TheEagleman likes his crow well done, thanks...... :|

Every score, every point, gets us closer to a victory. Hope we can hold on - I think we will.

Are you guys watching the game somewhere, or listening?

It's never easy with this crew....the ORU lead down to 69-57 now with 5 minutes to play.....hold that crow for another few minutes..... :sweat:

This game is a pay per view on the UTA website...too late now....I will have to settle for Bogus' on site report later.... :nerd:

69-60 with 3 minutes left....lol.....if they lose this game.....Scott Sutton should be hung in effigy from the Prayer Tower..... :wasntme:

• Upvote 1