OU

oruvoice

Tough one point loss for ORU....these are getting rough to take for an old guy like TheEagleman....we played hard but blew a nice lead in the last 10 minutes....oh well.....I am used to disappointment....time for a glass of wine.......ugh.... ;(

Unbelievable missed calls by the refs but we had a chance to win it at the end. I'd let Glover take the same shot again. Tough one...

• Upvote 1

DBH was hacked towards the end of the game = no call. The last offensive foul charge on Roundtree was a joke. I have no proof but I have a hard time believing Niles air balled two 3 pointers at the end if the game without any contact (he was claiming to be fouled).

Bottom line: if Glover and Niles can work in tandem like that, we're going to be tough to beat. REALLY like what this team has the potential to be.

Last thing: Coaching staff needs to spend most of their time looking for a JUCO big man to come in next year!

The steal by Glover(?) at the end of the game where they (finally) called a foul against the Sooners - except it was not a foul. They eliminated a run out layup and two points. Instead, we got the ball out of bounds.

Turning point in the game was the 4th foul on Roundtree with about 11 minutes to go. I think we were up by 10 points at the time. He came back into the game at about the 5 minute mark with the game tied.

Tough one point loss for ORU....these are getting rough to take for an old guy like TheEagleman....we played hard but blew a nice lead in the last 10 minutes....oh well.....I am used to disappointment....time for a glass of wine.......ugh.... ;(

Amen, brother. My aging heart won't take too many games like that one. One of the most disappointing losses in a while.

To add to the frustration of the game, apparently GEB isn't going to replay the game. I really wanted to see the second half again.

I had to listen to the OU radio call and they mentioned a 24-12 advantage for them when Roundtree went out. Completing that 3-point play to tie the game would have been nice as well.

To add to the frustration of the game, apparently GEB isn't going to replay the game. I really wanted to see the second half again.

Game replay is available on espn3, FWIW.

Just as big (maybe bigger) than Roundtree's 4th foul, was his third foul on the opening play of the second half. Tree was/is THE MAN! If he plays with that intensity all season, we are going to win a bunch of games.

Shawn Glover also seemed to shake off the rust of sitting out a year, last night. DJ Jackson (in my mind) is our point guard. Dude is NAILS...and he's a Freshman. Reminds me of Earl McClellan. DJ is going to have a GREAT career and will continue to get better and better.

While others seem to be a little down on Billbury right now, try to also remember he is a freshman and playing a little out of position, at the point. I think we should try him as the 6th man/offensive spark plug/James Harden type, for a while. Once he gets in his comfort zone, he is going to be a big time player.

All in all, I was VERY pleased with last night, other than coming up 1 point short. After Arizona and Memphis, we will not play another team as athletic/strong, all season. Those OU dudes were BIG and VERY ATHLETIC, especially their guards.

We play with that kind of intensity, we are going to be tough to beat in the conference.

• Upvote 1

With Roundtree, Glover and Niles ORU has 3 first team all conference type of players. Jackson is a true point and a tough minded kid.

Bilbury is going to be a very good player just not really a point guard. Like voice said would be very good at the Harden type of player.

Tough loss but could be in TU situation right now. :)

Every one is looking for a juco big that can come in and play.

I think Hank would take a few of the ORU guys right now.

• Upvote 1

i agree with the Biilbury spark off the bench idea. i still think when they get to conference play, ORU will go 3 guards a lot with Jackson, Billbury, and Niles all on the court together.

i wanted to say kudos to the student body and crowd. it looked and sounded great on ESPN3. hope some of those casual fans will come back later in the season.

Two things jump out at you from the box score - zero points from the bench, including DJ, with 24 minutes. We keep that up and it will create double-team opportunities every time one or more bench players are in - and playing only eight players, with limited minutes from the bench (except DJ) means our starting five will be carrying the load and likely wearing down as the season goes on.

The other thing that stands out is DJ Jackson - 24 min, 5 assists, ZERO turnovers. I think he's going to be stellar before it's all said and done.

The other thing that stands out is DJ Jackson - 24 min, 5 assists, ZERO turnovers. I think he's going to be stellar before it's all said and done.

And, against some of the biggest/strongest/most athletic guards we will see all season.

Plus, DJ is a good shooter. When we get into league play, he will get open looks, as teams focus on Warren, Glover, & Tree.

Tough loss but could be in TU situation right now. :)/>

This is a great point. We could be:

* The latest example of unethical practice in NCAA athletics

* The institution that puts billboards up in the city that say "We're Tulsa's team... look at us... no don't look over there... You like watching bad basketball ... we're Tulsa's team!"

* The team 2 years late to using "True Blue" as a tagline (they're marketing team is shameless)

I could go on but I'm going to stop for now...

2 of the more blatant missed fouls down the stretch.

DBH being hacked and Roundtree being fouled on his attempted drive to the basket.

TheEagleman was too ticked off and disappointed to comment last night.....however, I am calm now.....watched most of the game on ESPN3.....thought we played well....yeah, the officiating left something to be desired...we didn't get the benefit of many calls....unfortunately, that's what happens when a mid major Southland team takes on a BCS Big 12 team....even at home.....I think that D.J. Jackson needs to be the starting PG....and very impressed with Niles, Tree and Glover.....we have to get more of a contribution from the bench.....what's the deal with Byford and Conley?...they need to get a few more minutes unless they are injured......Kaufmann is overmatched right now....yeah, we need to go out and get an experienced big man somewhere....probably easier said than done.....and in the Southland....we might be able to get away with a smaller line up...but when we go up against OU, Charlotte, UTEP, Arizona and Memphis....not gonna do well......again, this was a game we had in our pockets....for sure the refs hurt us...but we missed a few too many shots and had some key turnovers....we maybe should have been up 15 or so midway thru the 2nd half.....but no sense crying about it.....let's get ready for Missouri State on Saturday....that's a tough game vs. the Bears.....I hope our guys have shaken off the sting of this loss.....sounded like Coach Sutton was also hurting after the game....I know I was...... :|