OU

oruvoice

a better ORU team vs. a much worse OU team was not very competitive last year in Norman.

i'll say OU wins going away 78-52.

Sorry guys, but I am much more optimistic. We have beaten better teams at Mabee.

Home court plus the 3-ball can be the great equalizer. Plus, young guards play MUCH better at home.

Get out to a good start, make a couple of shots, get the crowd into it, and Expect A Miracle!

I doubt there will be an obvious home crowd for ORU at this one. Maybe if the students show up.

Based on what I've heard, I could not disagree more. And, the students will be there in big numbers.

Just have to get out to a good start, to get them in it...

Based on what I've heard, I could not disagree more. And, the students will be there in big numbers.

Just have to get out to a good start, to get them in it...

but half will be wearing OU gear

Plenty of negativity to go around, the past few days.

Sorry, but I am PUMPED and I honestly think we have a good chance. Call me crazy.

And, I think this notion that OU fans are going to take over the Mabee Center is silly.

OU fans don't even take over their own Lloyd Noble Arena, much less opponents' gyms.

They'll all be home watching the Thunder host the Rockets, with James "The Beard" Harden returning to OKC.

Here's something positive: cbssports.com has us winning, 70-67.

But can someone please explain why (once again) there is no Vegas line on this game, which is being streamed all over the Milky Way on ESPN3?

C'mon ORU faithful. Where is the spirit? Where is the fight? Where is the excitement?

We've got those nasty Sooners coming into OUR HOUSE for the first time is 15+ years! It's time to get up and get a little fire in your belly!

Yeah, we may lose, but we can have all the negative crap AFTER the game IF that happens. In the meantime, how about some energy?!? Let's represent, for pete's sake!!!

GOLDEN EAGLES!!!

Don't make me have to start cussing!

Lol. I'll jump on board and call for an ORU upset.

OU is improved, but the only time I thought they have looked impressive in the last 3 years was against us, unfortunately. Getting them at home should help.

Size and athleticism played a large part in the last two games vs OU. Both games we shot below 40% and were hammered on the boards. The massive collapse that occurred in the 1st half of the game 2 years ago when they went into a zone trap didn't help either. Really need our bigs to show some toughness tonight.

Bottom half of the arena (gold seats) are sold out. Only upper levels remain, but if you are savvy, you can sneak down into some open lower level seats. There will be some empties.

But, even the upper level (blue seats) are fine seats. They are $15 each. For D-1 college hoops, that is a STEAL of a price.

We need Glover, Tree and Billbury to provide scoring options in addition to Niles. Our post players have to play strong and tough. We can win, but the players and coaches need to bring their 'A' game.

• Upvote 1

We need Glover, Tree and Billbury to provide scoring options in addition to Niles. Our post players have to play strong and tough. We can win, but the players and coaches need to bring their 'A' game.

I was about to start another thread on this, but glad you brought it up...the 'Cowboy' factor.

Don't think for one minute that Scott & Sean would love nothing more than to beat OU. My guess is that our coaching staff is WELL prepared and has a plan!

Bottom half of the arena (gold seats) are sold out. Only upper levels remain, but if you are savvy, you can sneak down into some open lower level seats. There will be some empties.

But, even the upper level (blue seats) are fine seats. They are $15 each. For D-1 college hoops, that is a STEAL of a price.

good to hear. are you expecting sort of 7-8k or closer to a sell out? missing the Mike Minyard gameday sales figure tweets.

From what I'm gathering, I am thinking about 8,000.

They have sold out the lower bowl and have sold a bunch in the upper deck. At this point, it's a matter of not having a lot of no shows in the gold and students coming out strong. Both of which I think will be solid.