2012-2013 Schedule - FINAL

Old Titan

Have learned that the Saturday home conference games will be scheduled along the same format as previous seasons: girls playing in the early afternoon, men at 7:00 p.m.

So once it's all said and done, we're only talking about four conference doubleheaders at home, on Thursday nights in January and February. Probably not that big a deal...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• oruvoice

• ORUalum

UTEP

Oral Roberts is coming off a 27-7 campaign. The Golden Eagles ran roughshod through the Summit League with a 17-1 mark before being upset in the conference tournament and getting dispatched to the NIT.

We have a relationship with [ORU head coach] Scott Sutton and [assistant coach] Sean Sutton, as well as their father, Eddie Sutton, Floyd said. They have done such a fabulous job at Oral Roberts. We recognize that it will not be an easy game. In fact, the last time we played them, they beat us at USC with a great USC team. They have quality wins every year in the non-conference. They run great motion and play great man-to-man defense just like Eddie,s teams did.

Sweet!....UTEP would be a great addition to our 2012-13 schedule.....but we need a trip back east!..... :nerd:

UTEP

Oral Roberts is coming off a 27-7 campaign. The Golden Eagles ran roughshod through the Summit League with a 17-1 mark before being upset in the conference tournament and getting dispatched to the NIT.

We have a relationship with [ORU head coach] Scott Sutton and [assistant coach] Sean Sutton, as well as their father, Eddie Sutton, Floyd said. They have done such a fabulous job at Oral Roberts. We recognize that it will not be an easy game. In fact, the last time we played them, they beat us at USC with a great USC team. They have quality wins every year in the non-conference. They run great motion and play great man-to-man defense just like Eddie,s teams did.

I'm going to add UTEP to the schedule, but only provisionally for now. By the way Coach Floyd talked about it, sounds like a "guarantee" game, with no return games(s) in Tulsa

I just thought I'd let you folks know that the doubleheader format is not something to which we have become accustomed. This is the first year of having every game a part of a doubleheader. The usual schedules in the past were men-home/away while women-away/home with the occasional doubleheader for rivalry week (Lamar/McNeese, SFA/Sam Houston, UT-SA/TXST, etc.). However, the SLC has adopted this new format for scheduling. I can't say I totally like or dislike the decision. It will potentially hurt the women's attendance records, but I am hoping it has an adverse affect for the schools with decent home crowds for women's games by getting the men's supporters out just a little earlier. Lamar has had a great athletics year with our run in men's basketball, winning conference in men's golf and cross country, and having a great recruiting class for football and men's basketball. We are all excited to see ORU on the court with us next year. If any of you are in the Beaumont area during football season for any reason, let me be the first to say feel free to drop by for a game. We have outstanding tailgating before every game (at least for the one home game I've attended as I live in Dallas).

I just thought I'd let you folks know that the doubleheader format is not something to which we have become accustomed. This is the first year of having every game a part of a doubleheader. The usual schedules in the past were men-home/away while women-away/home with the occasional doubleheader for rivalry week (Lamar/McNeese, SFA/Sam Houston, UT-SA/TXST, etc.). However, the SLC has adopted this new format for scheduling. I can't say I totally like or dislike the decision. It will potentially hurt the women's attendance records, but I am hoping it has an adverse affect for the schools with decent home crowds for women's games by getting the men's supporters out just a little earlier. Lamar has had a great athletics year with our run in men's basketball, winning conference in men's golf and cross country, and having a great recruiting class for football and men's basketball. We are all excited to see ORU on the court with us next year. If any of you are in the Beaumont area during football season for any reason, let me be the first to say feel free to drop by for a game. We have outstanding tailgating before every game (at least for the one home game I've attended as I live in Dallas).

Thanks for the input - and the invite!

• 1 month later...

Good Twitter post today from "SoloGold", per the Memphis Commerical-Appeal:

Memphis Tigers Men's Basketball Schedule Change

Last month, Josh Pastner said the Tigers' 2012-13 nonconference home schedule would include a game against 2012 Horizon League champion Detroit.

However, with Butler's announcement last month that it's leaving the Horizon League and joining the Atlantic 10 this season instead of 2013, Pastner said Detroit had to rework its schedule and drop its game at Memphis.

Pastner said Saturday he plans to replace Detroit on this season's home schedule with Oral Roberts, which went 27-7 last season and won the Summit League's regular-season title before losing to Nevada in the first round of the NIT.

The Golden Eagles, who are moving to the Southland Conference this season, finished the 2011-12 season with an RPI of 65. Detroit's RPI was 125 last year.

"They're like Detroit. They're gonna be a top-100 RPI team," Pastner said. "So it keeps us at a high level in terms of (opponents') RPI."

---

Our non-conference schedule this year will be murderous - but profitable!

Good find, OT. After surveying the schedule at the top of the thread, I'm guessing that we're almost done with the challenge of scheduling for this season. Looks like maybe two games left - and hopefully one of those at home - does that sound about right? And, didn't we confirm that the BracketBuster game would be home again (post at top still lists as road game)?

Brutal.....and we have a lot of new players this year....while TheEagleman loves the fact that ORU doesn't dodge to tough games....it would still be nice to schedule a few softies at Mabee Center in November/December....otherwise we could be looking at a possibly disappointing start that could discourage our young players..... :sweat:

Good find, OT. After surveying the schedule at the top of the thread, I'm guessing that we're almost done with the challenge of scheduling for this season. Looks like maybe two games left - and hopefully one of those at home - does that sound about right? And, didn't we confirm that the BracketBuster game would be home again (post at top still lists as road game)?

Thanks for the reminder about the BracketBuster home game, JB - I made the correction.

I really think the schedule may be done, other than the Southland portion, which considering the now-annual ebb and flow of conference membership nationally, may not be finalized for several weeks still.

Road trip! I just hope the Memphis game is on a weekend...

LOL, I was telling Dottie that if she listened carefully, we would hear you yelling YESS!!!! as we crossed the river on the Creek Turnpike this morning.

Are you going to wear two shirts and change at the half, or are you going to have one blue shirt printed up with ORU on one side, and Memphis on the other?

Voice may wear ORU navy and Vegas gold, but he bleeds Memphis BBQ sauce.

Sorry, make that Memphis dry rub...

Yes Bas, I am pretty excited! Just hope it is on a weekend or over the holidays. Either way, even if it isn't, I will be there!

Thank you for clarifying, OT. Memphians shy away from lots of 'sauce'. When I eat BBQ in Oklahoma, I make sure to order it with sauce on the side, otherwise you get a rack of ribs dripping with a sauce that drowns the flavor of the meat.

Yes Bas, I am pretty excited! Just hope it is on a weekend or over the holidays. Either way, even if it isn't, I will be there!

Thank you for clarifying, OT. Memphians shy away from lots of 'sauce'. When I eat BBQ in Oklahoma, I make sure to order it with sauce on the side, otherwise you get a rack of ribs dripping with a sauce that drowns the flavor of the meat.

How do I get on the ORUVoice BBQ tour before the game? I need some of these ribs!

Voice may wear ORU navy and Vegas gold, but he bleeds Memphis BBQ sauce.

Sorry, make that Memphis dry rub...

That's REALLY funny, OT! :clap::-D

How do I get on the ORUVoice BBQ tour before the game? I need some of these ribs!

If you go, we can connect. Let's chat when the schedule comes out and we know the date.

Party in Voice's room*!! :party:

(*the finest "suite" that the West Memphis 'Motel 6' has to offer)