Bubble Watch

Old Titan

I only get on Twitter occasionally, so I don't really know the answer to this, but is it REALLY ORU fans, as in those like us, that are touting us on Twitter? Seems like it's more the prognosticator types that are on ORU's bandwagon - but I could be wrong . . . :nerd:

Based on post on another thread, I retract my previous post! ;-)

I've been tweeting and trying to retweet Mike Minyard's post as much as possible...so if we get in, that's probably why. ;)

#ORUMBB

• Upvote 1

Why not us? ORU is an Akron win away from having three Top 50 wins after having none a week ago.

Northwestern, Seton Hall, Washington, Oregon, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Dayton all took bad losses this week as bubble teams.

At the very least our argument drags Drexel down into the NIT with us, and forces the committee to put in bubble teams who did absolutely nothing to prove they should be in.

Drexel, Iona and ORU should be in consideration for one spot.

http://www.tourneybubble.com/

TheEagleman has seen in person all 3 teams above this year.... Drexel vs. Rider , Iona vs. Rider and ORU vs. UTSA....it's a tough call because I saw our guys on a night when we played well in stretches but blew a big lead against a team we should have beaten...Drexel and Iona both won the games that I saw...it's possible that one of the 3 could get in.....I would say it might be Iona.....they are pretty good...saw them beat Rider just 3 weeks ago........ :nerd:

Xavier beats St. Louis U. to head to the A-10 finals tomorrow vs. St. Bonaventure....TheEagleman expects the Musketeers will win that game and get the automatic bid.....St. Louis at 25-7 will likely get an At-Large.....probably not good for ORU's chances.....also NC State's near upset of UNC today probably impresses the selection committee enough to get the Wolpack in.....also not good for us..... :nerd:

Akron loses by 1 to Ohio U.....a real heartbreaker......the Zips are out...... :nerd:

The link for the entire article is http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

Oral Roberts [27-6 (17-1), RPI: 56, SOS: 227] Oral Roberts fans have been incessantly pinging the Watch on Twitter over the past week, asking exactly why the Golden Eagles haven't been getting the same at-large bubble "love" as, say, Drexel. The cries of "no respect!" have rang out far and wide across the intertubes. The Watch tries to avoid peer pressure at all costs, of course, but the more it looked at ORU's resume, the more it had to just come out and admit it: Those fans have a point. That's not to say the Eagles have a totally strong case. The decent RPI and the 18-2 Summit League mark are about the best things going. The strength of schedule figures are ugly and the win at Xavier comes with asterisk since X had just been wrecked with suspensions. But when you compare and contrast this profile with, say, Drexel's -- a team most believe to be worthy of a bid -- ORU's has similar marks in road-neutral record (12-6), top-50 (2-2), top-100 (3-3) and its quantity of wins against teams outside the top 200 (both went 15-0). The CAA was better than the Summit League, and Drexel's 25-2 record in its last 27 games is still a major credential, but if we're talking about Drexel as an at-large, it's hard to ignore the fightin' Oral Bobs in that calculus, too.

My brother in CT forwarded this story to me and was impressed by the effort fans are making to inform people.

ORU got some more love on ESPN bracketology show. I caught the end of it, but did someone hear what they were talking about? Still good to be in the conversation - whether we make it or not.

Here are the schools/conferences represented on the committee:

UConn

Texas-San Antonio

Xaiver

Big Sky

Big 12 (former commissioner Dan Beebe) - have heard that Joe Castiglione is now the rep, but not sure about that

Wake Forest

SMU

Utah State

LSU

West Coast Conference

We have five people on the selection committee that are very familiar with ORU and its resume. Hopefully they can come through and say something good about our body of work and pull us through in a play-in game.

Doug Gottleib still pushing ORU for an at-large on the bracketology show airing now on ESPN......i'm afraid it won't happen.....plus, Xavier gets upset by St. Bonaventure.....it would be interesting to see if the Musketeers get in and ORU doesn't......we will know in about 20 minutes.....the show I am watching seems to think Drexel is in....ORU and Iona are out..... :nerd:

good for Iona. i'm almost rooting more that Drexel not get in than for ORU to get in...sick of joe lunardi