Bubble Watch

Old Titan

Here are the schools/conferences represented on the committee:

UConn

Texas-San Antonio

Xaiver

Big Sky

Big 12 (former commissioner Dan Beebe) - have heard that Joe Castiglione is now the rep, but not sure about that

Wake Forest

SMU

Utah State

LSU

West Coast Conference

So, you're saying there's a chance?!?

dumb and dumber line right!!?

Northwestern isn't getting in......but neither are we......get ready for an NIT game at Mabee Center next Tuesday or Wednesday...... :|

Despite first-round losses, ESPN's Joe Lunardi just said he STILL has Seton Hall and Washington in his bracket, even though BEFORE they lost, he had them among his "Last Four In".

I guess some of these teams could lose by 40, beat up their coach, then go burn down an orphanage, and Lunardi would STILL be breathlessly extolling their "body of work". :@

Major bubble development out of the A-10 today: #24 Temple upset in the quarterfinals by UMass.

Temple is a lock for an at-large bid. That means we need No. 2 Seed Saint Louis - another at-large lock - to go ahead and win the thing, to hopefully keep the A-10 at a 2-bid league.

What we DON'T need is for someone like Xavier or UMass to win it, giving this league three teams in the dance.

• Upvote 1

Temple's loss today hurt....that was a major upset....OT is right...we need St. Louis to win the tournament now....not sure Xavier won't take it, however....I am watching St. Louis vs. LaSalle right now.......Washington is NOT deserving of a bid....they should be out....Seton Hall?....no way....have seen them play a couple of times recently.....ORU could play with them no problem......Sunday night will be interesting..... :sweat:

I havent seen this posted yet, but i was looking at espn's new bubble watch and saw this included... Getting a little bit of love.

[27-6 (17-1), RPI: 58, SOS: 231]
Oral Roberts fans have been incessantly pinging the Watch on Twitter over the past week, asking exactly why the Golden Eagles haven't been getting the same at-large bubble "love" as, say, Drexel. The cries of "no respect!" have rang out far and wide across the intertubes. The Watch tries to avoid peer pressure at all costs, of course, but the more it looked at ORU's resume, the more it had to just come out and admit it: Those fans have a point. That's not to say the Eagles have a totally strong case. The top-50 RPI and the 18-2 Summit League mark are about the best things going. The strength of schedule figures are ugly, the barely-top-50 win over South Dakota State is the best victory, because ORU's dominant win at Xavier came just a few days after X's Dec. 10 brawl when nearly all of Xavier's top players were serving suspensions. But when you compare and contrast this profile with, say, Drexel's -- a team most believe to be worthy of a bid -- ORU's has similar marks in road-neutral record, top-50 (1-2), top-100 and its quantity of wins against teams outside the top 200 (both went 15-0). The CAA was better than the Summit League, and Drexel's 25-2 record in its last 27 games is still a major credential, but if we're talking about Drexel as an at-large, it's hard to ignore the fightin' Oral Bobs in that calculus, too.

As a Philly fan....TheEagleman loves Drexel....they are a very good and scrappy team....and their coach is former St. Joe's standout Bruiser Flint....he's a top notch coach and a great guy....that being said...if Drexel gets in....ORU should also be in....we have a better RPI and a better SOS......it's all about politics and perception...... :nerd:

Drexel is getting so much run because Lunardi (a philly guy) still has them in his bracket. I'd be shocked if they got in, but he has been incredibly accurate in past years.

Drexel is getting so much run because Lunardi (a philly guy) still has them in his bracket. I'd be shocked if they got in, but he has been incredibly accurate in past years.

Joe Lunardi is a graduate of St. Joseph's, which as Eagleman mentioned before, produced Drexel head coach Bruiser Flint.

Philly guys all sticking together...

TheEagleman is one Philly guy who thinks that ORU should get in ahead of Drexel.......but yeah, I don't think either one goes.....look out now for NC State, Colorado, St. Louis...... :sweat:

I only get on Twitter occasionally, so I don't really know the answer to this, but is it REALLY ORU fans, as in those like us, that are touting us on Twitter? Seems like it's more the prognosticator types that are on ORU's bandwagon - but I could be wrong . . . :nerd: