ORU vs. Akron (ESPN Bracketbuster game)

ORUTerry

Maybe this was discussed and I missed it, but I checked the Vegas line for the game and the consensus was ORU by 4.5 with an over/under of 141. So the last second 3 by Akron had no effect on either of those. It would have been interesting if it had. Sometimes it's fun to read the comments on the ESPN page for the ORU games because about the only people on there are gamblers.

Eagle,

I jokingly accused the Zip who chunked the three of getting 6 points from his Akron bookie. It got a little discussion but nothing serious.

How did Synchronicity II not make it on the Police greatest hits album? I love that song.

Fantastic song: how many bands can combine philosophy, domestic despair, and the Loch Ness Monster, all in one tune? :rock:

Police?....not bad......Van Halen O U 8 1 2.....Priceless!..... :nerd:

Kiss? The Police? Van Halen? you guys need to put away the 8 tracks and pick up some Silverstein, Rise Against, or Coheed and Cambria :D

but back on topic somewhat, are those actual students in the Pep Band or do they use ringers? they are really good. Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home" would be a nice addition to their playlist.

That hurts, Alum....we are just older guys from a different generation....I guess it would really blow your mind if I told you that TheEagleman still listens to Beatles CDs......koo koo ka cho.... 8)

Well, while Otis still enjoys Led Zepplin, Pearl Jam and Mettalica for the most parts my taste has mellowed. Sign me up for One Eskimo, The Avett Brothers and Adele. I do have really a good New York Dolls concert on my DVR right now, though.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I met The Police at a record store in Tulsa before they played The Cains Ballroom? I think that was back in '79 or '80.

But back on topic, I'd like to know where the pep band comes from too. Some of those guys look a little old to be students. I'm pretty sure the band was made up entirely of students back in my day.

I went to see my daughter perform in her high school production of "Grease" last night, and amidst all the well-meaning-but-far-from-talented singers, they brought in a professional guy in the role of Teen Angel to sing "Beauty School Dropout", and he brought down the house. It didn't detract from the school kids - it simply added to the overall quality of the product.

Same deal with the Golden Eagle Band.

Fantastic song: how many bands can combine philosophy, domestic despair, and the Loch Ness Monster, all in one tune? :rock:

I heard this song on the radio today driving back from lunch in my 1992 5.0 with the top down at 78 degrees. It does not get much better than that.

The pep band was all students in my time as well ('93). I played bass (I'm WAY better than Kendall*) and got a "scholarship" of $500/year.

We weren't allowed to play anything cool. It was more of a traditional pep band then (mostly horns), and actually played some Sousa marches.

Rush Limbaugh was new (nationally), and OKCEagle and I listened to him as much as we could, as well as watched his much too short-lived TV show. SO, I played his theme song (Pretender's "My City Was Gone") every game until then director Don Eland made me stop. I also was reprimanded for playing Another One Bites The Dust when opponents fouled out. But my claim to fame was having an official chastise me for playing Three Blind Mice an especially awful night of officiating. He was not pleased with my selection.

* I wish