ORU vs. Akron (ESPN Bracketbuster game)

ORUTerry

DBH had a good first half, but i wish he would stop with the off balance, one-legged, fade aways. leave those to the 7 ft german named dirk.

Great, great game. Congratulations to the players, the staff, and the ORU fanbase.

As usual, DoMo played fanrastic. His second half was hyge. Hats off to DBH as well, huge second half and kept the big man frustrated, and in check all day.

Nothing bad about this matchup. Good crowd - nice coverage on the ESPN broadcast. Tremendous opportunity for positive exposure for the University and the basketball program. Players always smiling. Outcome never in doubt. 25 win season, with potential for four more before post-season tourneys begin. Outstanding!

good day for the summit league...two wins on national tv

ORU RPI bump to 41; SDSU up to 53

Great Win !!! DBH had his best game. Was a little concerned about DoMO but wow. He did it again. Super Team effort. Down the stretch, they are terrific. Had to watch on espn3 and they were so impressed with ORU. Great pub. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree with all the above. We watched it on the Duece and there was nothing negative about the team or the university. As ESPN would go to a break they were showing great shots from around campus. I especially loved the one of the LRC. This was basically 2+ hours of great exposure for the university on national tv and we came across well. Watched the game with non-alums who came away impressed! Congrats to the team and the university as well. Oh, and the student sections really were impressive. GO EAGLES!

Any idea how many people were at the game? It was hard to tell on ESPN with all of the white shirts covering the empty seats.

Just watched the entire game again, complete with replay and slo-mo, off of DVR, and it was almost as exciting the second time as the first! I thought everything about the presentation was good, too - Mabee Center looked good, the crowd looked good, the white out looked good.

Very pleased with everything about the game - especially the outcome.

REALLY proud of our guys. Damen played like we've wanted him to all season, Domo played as expected, Craion and Niles played great, Rod the floor general we expect. In addition, we really neutralized their star, Marshall. Guy played with a chip on his shoulder the whole game.

Great watching ORU on national tv. Did the announcer ever correct himself for saying DBH was from Arkansas? (AR instead of AK)

Not that I ever heard. But what I was thinking as I was watching the game was, given the fact that we've felt a little frustration with the level of Damen's play some of this season, was that the guys on ESPN were sure giving him a lot of love, and justifiably so. He had a tremendous game.

Any idea how many people were at the game? It was hard to tell on ESPN with all of the white shirts covering the empty seats.

LOL - laughing at "Bitter Beer Face" TU fan.

Trust me, loser, however many it was, it was double the number who showed up for Rice Saturday night at the Reynolds Center.

TheEagleman is also very proud to be an ORU alum today....the broadcast was great....nothing negative at all.....I watched at my daughter's home with my two grandsons (6 and 9) who loved watching their first GoldenEagles basketball game....both were familiar with the Akron Zips because we have seen them play Temple in football.....great effort by DoMo and company today....there were some anxious moments in the 2nd half but the good guys gutted out another win....it seems that every time TheEagleman rips DBH (as I did last night) he comes up with a big effort.....today's game going up against Zeke Marshall was perhaps DBH's best perfomance of the season that I have seen....he was very aggressive inside and 15 and 6 is what I expected him to average this year....if DBH played with that kind of passion every game....ORU would no doubt NOT be on the bubble for an at large bid.....nice game, Damon....we need more of that in Sioux Falls if ORU expects to win the Summit Tourney..... :up::eagles::muscle:

Interestingly, immediately following the game our RPI jumped to 40 - but in the hours since it's dropped back down to our month-long position of 45 (about).