ORU vs. UARL

ORUTerry

Before his FTs, Niles had more turnovers (4), than points (2) and he only played 18 minutes but wasn't in foul trouble, so who knows...

Warren Niles should get a ton of credit for his hustle in creating the turnover on the first UALR inbounds play and knocking down those clutch FTs. From the camera angle under the basket, he was pushed, but he sold it extremely well too. Otherwise, the official won't make that call.

Oh, I agree - NIles won the game with his hustle play on defense. It also helps that the UALR player lost his mind and pushed/fouled him. What was he thinking? Nile was the one who was supposed to foul in that situation.

It's kind of embarrassing how few points we have been scoring. I don't know what we have to do to get some pts production. Especially out of our guards.

i wonder if Coach Sutton would consider starting Mikey for defense and try to use the early minutes to establish DoMo. Niles and Tree off the bench could provide a nice punch of offense. with as thin as the bench is, i bet everyone would still get about the same amount of minutes by games end.

Oh, I agree - NIles won the game with his hustle play on defense. It also helps that the UALR player lost his mind and pushed/fouled him. What was he thinking? Nile was the one who was supposed to foul in that situation.

Yeah a lot of bad things happening in the course of 3 seconds for UALR. It's also weird that they drew up a full-court pass in a tie game, at home, with that much time still on the clock. Maybe after the first inbound pass, they were worried about another turnover in the backcourt or maybe that wasn't even the original play. But usually that's a no-no.

OT, Don't feel bad about turning them off with seconds. I turned them off at the half expecting another OU type blowout. I Told my wife about them and she said I should pray for them. I was so upset, I said a couple of Hail Mary's and Prayed for the our family. Turned on the computer this morning and "expect a miracle" indeed. Don't give me credit for my Hail Mary's though! What a great win and maybe this will upright the ship. Gotta love that DBH! He is a winner. :clap: Oh DBH did get the Hail Mary!

Awesome ORU was on ESPN Sportscenter....the University and Hax can't buy that kind of publicity..... :clap:

If you were going to start someone instead of Niles, I would start Lleteras rather than Manghum, or maybe start Roundtree instead of Niles. If you start Rod and Manghum, you really don't have an SG on the floor (unless DoMo takes that role). If you start Roundtree instead of Niles, then you again don't have an SG on the floor (unless DoMo takes that role). I don't think we would see that lineup because coaches are so concerned about having our 3 big men on the floor at the same time due to too high a risk of foul trouble for our big men. However, I would love that line-up.

I don't think that benching Niles would be the right move. I suspect he will come around after the contributions he made at the end of last night's game.

Roundtree was less of a factor apparently due to foul trouble, but we need Roundtree to play at least 25-30 minutes a game so that he can get his offensive production going. Roundtree has the ability to take over a game (even though we haven't seen it much in the last few games), especially if he's out there while DoMo is on the bench.

I think it may be a wrong approach to look at a player's low point production and simply conclude that the player had a bad game. This seems to be a fairly unselfish team, and I think if Niles feels that he isn't shooting well, he probably defers to others who he feels can score consistently. I suspect that Roundtree may also defer to DoMo, Craion and DBH (now that he's back and playing better offensively).

I would love to see this team fire on all cylinders in their next few games. The travel schedule back from Little Rock late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, to Washington for a Thursday game, and then to Ohio for a Sunday game is a little tough, but these games represent great opportunities for an upset.

I turned off the stream on my computer at work at the exact same time OT did (Pearson travel) but did not find out about the win until I saw it on Facebook this morning. I think if I had kept listing, we would have lost. I definitely think the basketball gods owed us this one after UTSA. I choose to believe that DBH's shot officially has taken the cover off the basket and our shooting woes are over.

ORU needs to get a win at either Gonzaga or Xavier if we want to be taken seriously this year.....Gonzaga will be rough because the Zags have lost 2 straight and will not be overlooking us....but the Musketeers will be without 3 starters and about 45 pts in their line up on Sunday....this is a chance for us to steal a game vs. a Top 10 team....it won't take a miracle but it will take a good shooting performance.....ORU needs to score more than 58....... :nerd:

To be taken seriously by who? It'd be nice to get a win, but you gotta be realistic about it.

I agree with BBall, Eagleman. UALR was the must win on this 3 game road trip and we got that. A win at either Gonzaga or Xavier or both would be nice, but I don't see us losing respect if we lose both either.

Hey...why can't we win at Gonzaga or Xavier?.....especially in Cincy where the Musketeers will be seriously shorthanded missing 40+ pts from their lineup.....I agree that when this 4 game trip started I only expected us to go 1-3...but 2-2 is realistic if we can start making some shots....sooner or later DoMo, Niles and Roundtree have to start scoring some points.....it seems to me that we ORU fans set our expectations too low....TheEagleman isn't counting on a win at the Zags tomorrow but we need to compete and play well....then go to Xavier and steal that one.....time for the upperclassmen to step up and put some points on the board.....TheEagleman won't be satisfied to be 7-5 a week from now.....8-4 would be nice....Let's Do It!..... :rock:

Honestly guys, we did not deserve to win this one. It is great that we did. Now we are even up in the miracle department. One team got one against us and we got one here. The boys are not playing good ball though. If I hadn't seen Niles, Roundtree and Morrison regularly put up big points in the past, I would just quietly go into a corner, turn off the broadcast and be downtrodden about another ORU team that doesn't seem to be living up to its potential. We have a lovely record against light competition that should have brought out the best in this team and forged them into a unit. Trouble is . . . I don't see it, but beyond that it could still be there. IF this team pulls together and everyone plays the game that they are capable of, we have just built the foundation to a great season. If we continue to play at the level we are playing now, we are about to be EXPOSED big time. I honestly don't know what will happen. I think we have the skill on the team to beat Gonzaga on a good day, but I'm not sure we have seen a good day yet this season. Beat Xavier minus 3 starters? If they don't, will the guys be able to face themselves in the mirror? I think the next few games will decide the direction that our season will go in. If we don't provide a good showing, I think that there are several Summit League teams that will be able to kick our butt on the way out the door. Am I being too dramatic? I hope so, but in any case, those are my thoughts on the eve of the games that I think will determine the direction of our season.

I hear ya, Ron....ORU is surely not playing good ball right now but we are still 7-3 and off to a fine start....I agree that the past 3 games we have played substandard basketball....but we won 2 of those three in amazing comeback fashion....that shows some heart...a lot of heart.... TheEagleman is hoping that DBH's shot will wake up the team and get us back on track to play some better ball for the rest of 2012....we will need to do that to have any shot vs. teams like Gonzaga, Xavier, Texas Tech and up in the Dakotas.....time for this team to start playing better!.... :nerd: