ORU vs. UARL

ORUTerry

The "Miracle in Little Rock" still in good rotation on ESPN. Sportscenter just opened it's show with a tease of the shot and ESPN news playing it in their "No He Didn't" segment at the end of highlight express. Really happy to Geoff Haxton, DBH, and ORU getting some national love.

Another ESPN version. You can hear Hax's call on this one!

Especially sweet hearing Geoff's voice with the play - would have been even better if they'd included him calmly saying, "Let's go to overtime," right before he exploded about the bucket!

The "Miracle in Little Rock" still in good rotation on ESPN. Sportscenter just opened it's show with a tease of the shot and ESPN news playing it in their "No He Didn't" segment at the end of highlight express. Really happy to Geoff Haxton, DBH, and ORU getting some national love.

I set my DVR to run Sports Center till midnight last night - I wonder if this ever played before that - hope I got it on DVR.

I just don't watch Sports Center enough to know if every low- to Mid-major team can say the same, but it seems like EVERY YEAR ORU has games that receive national attention one way or the other. A few years back we had the string of NCAA appearances, then we had Kevin Ford's high-flying antics that seemed to make "Top 10" about every other week, then there were the upset games against Missouri and New Mexico a couple years ago. I'd think that attention would make ORU a name that is familiar to most college basketball fans.

VERY well-edited piece from KATV-7 in Little Rock, with all of the last-second heroics: lost in the DBH-mania was the great defensive play and clutch free throws from Warren Niles with :03 left, as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2jFWub0ruE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

after breaking down this clip, i have figured out why UALR lost the game. note at the :24 second mark in the clip that the UALR coach inserts a Ginger into the game and things went down hill from there. what was he thinking?

I just don't watch Sports Center enough to know if every low- to mid-major team can say the same, but it seems like EVERY YEAR ORU has games that receive national attention one way or the other. A few years back we had the string of NCAA appearances, then we had Kevin Ford's high-flying antics that seemed to make "Top 10" about every other week, then there were the upset games against Missouri and New Mexico a couple years ago. I'd think that attention would make ORU a name that is familiar to most college basketball fans.

And all of it has been positive news, in contrast to stuff like our homecourt meltdown against (then) Memphis State when Ted Owens was coach.

We're sure having a better week nationally than folks like Xavier and Cincinnati - or Tennessee, who lost at home a couple of nights ago to in-state "rival" AUSTIN PEAY, of all people.

Special thanks to Channel 8 for having a TV camera at the game. I didn't see any TV coverage on Channel 2 or 6, and I don't know if UALR regularly films/broadcasts their games. As far as I can tell, if Channel 8 isn't there, we don't have any footage so we don't get any coverage.

Did you notice that Fran Franchilla retweeted the UMKC shot from last year from OU radio color guy Mike Houck?

My next blog is going to be a good one. The story behind getting the audio, video and all of it to ktul and then on to Bristol is pretty amazing. Stay tuned. Great team effort. I will post here. Prolly tomorrow evening.

Something that I haven't heard mentioned was the empty arena when Damen's shot went in. It looked as if there were only 50 people in attendance. It's good to know that we're not the only one with attendance issues.

Games stats:

We shot 40.00% fg% - and only 26.7% (4/15) from the 3 point line, committed 16 turnovers (11 in the first half) and won the rebounding battle 38 to 34.

Pearson: 20 points on 46.2% shooting (2 of 6 from the 3 point line); 6 of 7 from the FT line

Morrison: 11 points on 41.7% shooting (1 of 3 from the 3 point line) 0 of 1 from the FT line

DBH: 12 points on 33.3% shooting (1 of 1 from waaaaay beyond the 3 point line); 5 of 8 from the FT line

Craion: 7 points on 42.9% shooting; 1 of 2 from the FT line

Niles: 4 points on 33.3% shooting (only took 3 shots; 0 of 2 from 3 point line); 2 of 2 from the FT line

Manghum: 2 points on 1 of 3 shooting - missed his only 3 point shot; did not take a free throw

Roundtree: 2 points on 1 of 1 shooting; did not take a free throw. only played 13 minutes and grabbed 1 rebound; had 4 fouls

Lliteras: 0 points on 0 of 2 shooting; missed both 3 point shots; only played 9 minutes

I did not see the game, but it appears that either they were denying NIles the ball or he is not taking shots Warren only took three in the game). We need more production out of our 2 guard. It also looks like DBH missed some close shots and our other big guys did not shoot much. We are in an offensive funk and may need to try different combinations to get something started.

• Upvote 1