ORU vs. UARL

ORUTerry

anyone got a video clip or radio call or anything of those final 5 seconds?

Haxton said he sent in some audio in to ESPN... hopefully they will get some video. I recorded this off the live stream.

Here is the call of the game winner and the post game with Coach Sutton...

....I turned off my car radio when Rod traveled with :16 left. :doh:

...I just couldn't stand hearing us lose such a bad game to such a bad team. ;(

...then I got an ESPN Sportscenter text that we had somehow forced overtime! :clap:

...followed immediately by ANOTHER Sportscenter text that we had actually WON THE GAME! :razz:

Can't ever recall anything quite like that - we've had some buzzer-beaters to win games before, including Nate Binum's 3 against TU in 2000, Markius Barnes over Valpo at the Mabee Center, Rod Pearson at Stanford, Michael Craion vs. Missouri two years ago, and of course DBH against UMKC last season.

But 5 points in 3 seconds? To WIN THE GAME?

Unbelievable! :-o

After losing a game to UTSA on a 1/2 court buzzer-beater, it sure feels great to get one back.

Talked to a friend at the game who said that once the refs called the 3-pointer good, they turned off the scoreboard immediately and started shutting the place down as fast as they could. That is an amazing way to win a game and a brutal way to lose a game. Not a good night for the UALR player who fouled Warren Niles. You have to give it to the ref who had the guts to call that foul. Again according to my friend at the game, the foul against Warren Niles was fairly obvious to everyone so I guess that's why the ref called it.

The team didn't play that well in the 1st half but at least they battled in the 2nd half until the very last second.

The team needed a spark heading into the next 2 games. Hopefully this will provide that spark and will get Warren Niles back into form. Props to Niles for hitting those 2 free throws in a high-pressure situation on the road.

Great call by Hax.....sure hope that one makes ESPN SportsCenter....TheEagleman would love to see it..... :-D

Just saw the DBH shot on Channel 8 with Haxton's audio. They ran it twice. The ORU bench went nuts.

(null)

What happened, I turned the game off with 4 seconds left. I was so frustrated I couldn't sleep so I rechecked the score on ESPN and thought ESPN.com made a mistake. I come on the board to see I missed the most amazing end to a game. I'm not sure weather to kick myself or wake my kids up to hug them.

I've only seen something like that happen twice before. Oddly enough, I remember Adam Spanich hit two treys in 3 seconds to help USC beat Oregon in a Pac-10 game being played seemingly in the middle of the night in the late 90s...and Chicago State did it to UMKC one time like 5 or 6 years ago.

This was much more improbable considering ORU didn't have the ball, and needed 2 steals in 3 seconds. If we don't get both of those steals, it would have taken a miracle just to go to overtime. Not to mention the 60-foot rim-high laser from DBH

OT, thanks for getting the video up on youtube!! Incredible ending :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The least I could do, after bailing on the game with :16 left!

When will I ever learn?

When it comes to miracle finishes, these guys > #timtebow. :angel:

bailing on Sportscenter Tebowcenter glad I got to see it. Hopefully ESPN will pick up the video.

Steven Roundtree will NEVER live down that dance...

I think you're being kind to Tree calling that a 'dance' :rofl: