Mid-Major Top 25 a Joke on Summit Teams

Old Titan

I'm happy being 2-0 in conference play.

Really? I guess with the way your guards are playing wins over Western and IUPUI are important. ;)

All kidding aside, conference road wins are always important.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 89rabbit

• ManiacAlum

• Old Titan

• FargoBison

So are conference home wins

I wouldn't know this year. :(

I expect to get a couple on Jan. 6th and 8th. We should be 4-1 in conference at that point. 8)

P.S. Good luck against Rice.

I expect to get a couple on Jan. 6th and 8th. We should be 4-1 in conference at that point. 8)

Good luck with that :up:

Also, trying to figure out on what planet beating 2-9 Nevada at home (RPI: 295, Sagarin: 242) would be more valuable than winning at conference rival IUPUI (RPI: 233, Sagarin: 171). Especially when there are those of us who never have. But, hey, whatever tickles your boat :drunk:

Just kidding, good luck against Tubby and Minnesota

Good luck with that :up:

Also, trying to figure out on what planet beating 2-9 Nevada at home (RPI: 295, Sagarin: 242) would be more valuable than winning at conference rival IUPUI (RPI: 233, Sagarin: 171). Especially when there are those of us who never have. But, hey, whatever tickles your boat :drunk:

Just kidding, good luck against Tubby and Minnesota

Alright, I am trying to figure out on what planet getting beat by good and bad teams with an inability to score sets you up for a good season.

4-8

I can tell you are very proud of your many quality losses. So, hay whatever floats your boat. :clap::up:

Just Kidding, beat Rice and Merry Christmas!

I think everyone in the conference would love to load up on Eastern Illinois twice, Idaho State, two non-Division I teams and a bad Nevada team, and have a nice non-conference record.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but you haven't shown that it sets you up for a good season either. Unless you can find a way to put some of those teams on your conference schedule.

I think everyone in the conference would love to load up on Eastern Illinois twice, Idaho State, two non-Division I teams and a bad Nevada team, and have a nice non-conference record.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but you haven't shown that it sets you up for a good season either. Unless you can find a way to put some of those teams on your conference schedule.

Fair enough, see you in Brookings on the January 8th. I like our chances, Guard play is our strength, and we can shoot the rock.

Fair enough, see you in Brookings on the January 8th. I like our chances, Guard play is our strength, and we can shoot the rock.

Tried to sneak that last part in on me :P

Agreed, but you don't have much going on inside. You got destroyed by NDSU on the boards. And your guard play and shooting wasn't spectacular in your losses. Still, I think SDSU is a very good team. Look forward to the games this year.

Tried to sneak that last part in on me :P

Agreed, but you don't have much going on inside. You got destroyed by NDSU on the boards. And your guard play and shooting wasn't spectacular in your losses. Still, I think SDSU is a very good team. Look forward to the games this year.

Yup that is exactly how it works for us. Guards shoot well, we win - Guards don't shoot well and we lose.

NDSU hit us in the mouth (the Refs let both sides play) and the young ones didn't know what to do, all of our Bigs are young 1 Soph. 2 True Frosh (oh and a Jr. Walk-On). May have been the worst rebounding performance I have ever seen and we still could have/should have won. Nate Wolters went off for 36 points, if anyone else had played up to their ability we win going away. But we didn't win and we are 0-1 in conference. This Jackrabbit team is young, but much deeper then any we have had at the D-I level. As the young ones learn we could be very tough to beat in March, but it will still come down to guard play for us IMHO.

Yeah, I think that's true for a lot of teams. Everyone's still trying to get better

This kind of back-and-forth, fake-compliment, take-any-opportunity-to-shill-for-our-boys crap from opposing fans is better suited to IM's, personal messages, or e-mails.

But, since no one from South Dakota seems capable of understanding that simple concept (despite repeated requests), I won't hold my breath expecting it to end any time soon. :@

This kind of back-and-forth, fake-compliment, take-any-opportunity-to-shill-for-our-boys crap from opposing fans is better suited to IM's, personal messages, or e-mails.

But, since no one from South Dakota seems capable of understanding that simple concept (despite repeated requests), I won't hold my breath expecting it to end any time soon. :@

We do it to get to you. :lol::rofl:

We do it to get to you. :lol::rofl:

Mosquitoes get to me also, but that doesn't make them important.

It merely makes them annoying.