OU Game....

theeagleman5

Not out-coached.... out-played. I do wonder if we anticipated Oklahoma playing as much zone as they did. We flat out beat them (especially in the post) when they played man-to-man defense.

Gotta figure out our zone offense - although we did beat IUPUI and they usually play match up zone.

It sure would have helped to have made some of those layups during that dry spell. And for our guards to handle the ball better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ManiacAlum

• ORUTerry

• SOLO_Gold

Give them credit, they play well in that 1-3-1. It will help OU keeps some Big 12 games close. I'm actually surprised they waited so long to go back to it in the 2nd half. I don't recall OU running that anytime before thursday's game.

Which is good for them, because they can't guard anybody man-to-man.

We've never played well against teams who apply that type of zone matchup, trapping defense. One day of practice wasn't going to change that. Guards who could penetrate right through the top of the zone and a healthy Michael Craion in the middle would have been nice.

I don't expect to beat Mizzou,, but I expect to look better than saturday. Of course, it couldn't really look any worse.

Give them credit, they play well in that 1-3-1. It will help OU keeps some Big 12 games close. I'm actually surprised they waited so long to go back to it in the 2nd half. I don't recall OU running that anytime before thursday's game.

Which is good for them, because they can't guard anybody man-to-man.

We've never played well against teams who apply that type of zone matchup, trapping defense. One day of practice wasn't going to change that. Guards who could penetrate right through the top of the zone and a healthy Michael Craion in the middle would have been nice.

I don't expect to beat Mizzou,, but I expect to look better than saturday. Of course, it couldn't really look any worse.

I disagree - it could get A LOT worse. Mike Anderson and the Tigers will surely have something to prove on Thursday. If we play anything close to the way we played on Saturday, we'll see a score similar to the Louisville game last year and the UNC game two years ago.

On another note:

I hate that we lost to OU. I hate the way OU fans assume, "Wow we must be having a tough season if we had to rally to be Oral Roberts." No, dorks... we actually have a more talented team than you, not to mention a clean program.

The loss to the Sooners is still toasting TheEaglemans' stones....really thought we would whip them in Norman, especially the way we had played the past couple weeks.....this was really a step back and the punishment for poor play is going to a whole lot worse on Thursday night in Columbia, MO.....let's hope that Sutton uses last Saturday as a learning tool and motivation to play much better vs. Mizzou....if not, yeah....it could be a crushing defeat....the Tigers are most definitely looking for some payback.... :sweat::worried::sweat:

Some random observations about the game:

1. We looked good for about 10 minutes and jumped up on the Sooners by 13 points. The called a timeout and swithced to a 1-3-2 zone defense- and we did not handle it well. Maybe is was the curse of a team jumping out to a large lead and then falling apart when they lose the lead.

I knew there was a reason that we couldn't handle their zone!! :D:devil: