OU Game....

theeagleman5

CBSSports.com has ORU currently ranked 117 and OU at 203....the Sooners are at 3-5 with a game to play Thurs. at home vs. Gardner-Webb....that game is no sure win for OU the way they are playing and G-W is 6-4 and used to playing in tough buildings....I don't think we want the Sooners losing that game and getting really ticked off....TheEagleman won't be shocked if OU isn't favored by very much against us on Saturday afternoon....right now if I were to make a line it might be OU by 3 pts...maybe 4......winning this game will certainly get us some attention in the state.....gonna be fun.... ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ManiacAlum

• ORUTerry

• SOLO_Gold

yea I think this one is gonna be a nail-biter til the end...hopefully we come out on top....OU is a real young team trying to find their identity, I watched them vs Arkansas...they have some good players, but they just dont play as a team just yet....look out for Andrew Fitzgerald to have a big game for them...he is their post player...around 6'10 I think, as well as Cade Davis, who everyone knows about, he can lite it up and take over a game.

other news, UALR beat TU the other night 69 to 67...."Tulsa built an early 15 point lead at UALR on Sunday only to see it diminish during a 38-12 run by the Trojans, who went on to capture a 69-67 win."

I just hope the messageboard isn't as quiet for 3 days after that game as it is now. We all know what that would mean.

Seems like the win last saturday quieted the board, maybe beating OU will wake it back up.

Maybe some motivation from last summer's Norman Regional could help: :P

Norman Transcript article on ORU/OU game

That guy is just a flamer who writes incendiary columns about anyone his teams are playing. He wrote a similar column about Broken Arrow when they played Norman in football this fall. He's just a jerk.

It's time to shut that Jerk up on Saturday Afternoon.....TheEagleman has been doing a lot of research and analyzation....I am seeing a big ORU win at Norman on the horizon..... ;)

Oklahoma plays Gardner Webb tonight. It will be an interesting test for the Sooner and will give us an opportunity to view their capabilities. They are young & athletic and still trying to come together as a team. Let's hope they don't succeed until after Saturday.

Not sure about Gardner Webb's team this year. They usually are pretty competitive. You still gotta think OU's athleticicism alone would be too much for the Bulldogs (i think that's still their mascot) to handle.

That guy is just a flamer who writes incendiary columns about anyone his teams are playing. He wrote a similar column about Broken Arrow when they played Norman in football this fall. He's just a jerk.

You mean the one where he compares Broken Arrow High School to the Soviet Union?

BA/NHS Article

This guy apparently has a problem with everybody, except grown men who take money for writing garbage.

That East vs. West argument is so tired and hypocritical. No schools poach athletes worse than the ones on the west side of the state. This guy calling Norman, Edmond and Moore "responsible districts" is LOL worthy. I hope the west side never wins another 6A football championship.

As is the "I’ve always had a problem with those willing to take your money, all of it, in the name of God." argument. Especially when the author is a graduate of Trinity Univ. of San Antonio, which I'm sure has never accepted a dollar in the name of God. |(

I know this dude is just some low-rent nobody, but I'm still gonna blow up his email if we win on saturday!... "OU shoulda won cuz they got more students" :D

How can anyone affiliated with one of the most crooked/penalized athletic departments in the history of collegiate sports take shots at ANYONE else...about ANYTHING???

Can you say glass house?

Heck, the guy probably worships Barry Switzer and Kelvin Sampson.

How can anyone affiliated with one of the most crooked/penalized athletic departments in the history of collegiate sports take shots at ANYONE else...about ANYTHING???

Can you say glass house?

Heck, the guy probably worships Barry Switzer and Kelvin Sampson.

Then there's THAT:

Death Penalty for OU Hoops?

Football's Dirtiest Programs: #2, Oklahoma

Oklahoma letter signals end of NCAA probation

That being said, I'm hoping for them to roll Gardner-Webb tonight. OU does have some athletes...

Not sure what the attendance would look like for tonight or a 2:00 matinee tip on Sat... the last OU game I went to was a preseason NIT vs. Davidson, featuring All-American and future NBA overall 1st draft selection Blake Griffin vs. All-American and future lottery pick, Stephen Curry...and the place was maybe half-full. We were able to buy tickets and basically sit directly behind the OU bench.

If not for Texas, OSU and KU coming to town they're attendance might be the worst in the state. At least it looks that way. I'm hoping that holds up for Sat.

i'm not necessarily hoping that little Gardner-Webb, from Boiling Springs, NC, will beat OU, just kind of wear them down a little for us.

Sooners are up 18-9 with 6 minutes left in the first half of a low scoring game....Gardner Webb doesn't have their A game this year.... :geek:

OU leads Gardner-Webb by 34-18 at half....looks like the Sooners are coasting tonight....they will be in for a much tougher test on Saturday afternoon.... ;)

OU is folding like a cheap suit in the early 2nd half....Gardner Webb has crawled back to within 4 at 41-37 with 13 minutes left....hey C.J., are you thinking maybe you should have signed with ORU?....he's played 4 minutes....0 pts.... :P