OU Game....

theeagleman5

So what's the story...is Craion's foot not healing properly?....he played last weekend.... :worried:

I'm concerned here as well Eagleman. The problem with tweets is that well . . . they are so stinkin short! What does it mean that he won't be playing. He may not be in optimal playing shape yet and so I could definitely understand him only getting back-up minutes, but not playing? That does not sound good. Stay tuned, I guess. We will anxiously be listening to the pre-game show where Geoff will hopefully expand on his tweet (good way to ensure that there are more listeners ;) ). This news is not as killing as it was a few weeks ago. I feel for Craion. I hope he can get back to full playing shape quickly. We don't need Craion though to compete in the Summit, but I do believe that we need him in order to dominate.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ManiacAlum

• ORUTerry

• SOLO_Gold

tweet from geoff haxton: "Oru senior michael craion will not play v. Sooners."

MikeBrownTW

One hour before OU-ORU tip, and trainer John Joslin sez recuperating Michael Craion will sit this one out.

Another tweet found...

FROM TWITTER:

@RedZoneIUPUI - "Anyone who follows CBB shouldn't be surprised at the ORU v Oklahoma score." (presumably at halftime)

@goldengrizzGP (in response)

"@RedZoneIUPUI What annoys me is they'll (ORU) get their RLUs over bottom feeders. We come within inches of the upper-echelon."

Can't wait until conference play. Everyone in the Summit should be pulling for the Summit. This joker is a bad representative of a good program.

Solo, I went and checked out the exchange you were talking about, and actually, I think those guys were talking about the score BEFORE OU went on the big run - i.e. when ORU was leading. I think the comment you quoted was referring to OU getting wins against "bottom feeders".

BTW - can someone help me with the meaning of "RLU"?

Actually, when I re-read that again, I'm not sure but what he was responding to a comment about football - but I'm pretty sure it wasn't about us.

Solo, I went and checked out the exchange you were talking about, and actually, I think those guys were talking about the score BEFORE OU went on the big run - i.e. when ORU was leading. I think the comment you quoted was referring to OU getting wins against "bottom feeders".

BTW - can someone help me with the meaning of "RLU"?

Actually, when I re-read that again, I'm not sure but what he was responding to a comment about football - but I'm pretty sure it wasn't about us.

You are correct, TMH. The comment was made while ORU was up big. To clarify, I think the IUPUI twitter-er was in support of our program. I'm taking issue with the "GrizzJokePlan" referring to our RLUs (Red Line Upset: see the MidMajority) as "bottom feeders".

I'm 99% sure I'm correct.

Has Oakland ever beat a power conference team? Contender or bottom feeder? I dont understand some of the trash talk coming from Oakland this year...theyre the champs and expected to win again, but still feel the need to pile on ORU. We always give them credit for big wins and close games. The only wins I remember are against a couple of bad Oregon teams, but they've also been crushed in multiple 20+ and 30+ losses over the years...

You are correct, TMH. The comment was made while ORU was up big. To clarify, I think the IUPUI twitter-er was in support of our program. I'm taking issue with the "GrizzJokePlan" referring to our RLUs (Red Line Upset: see the MidMajority) as "bottom feeders".

I'm 99% sure I'm correct.

I should have known - I've used the term myself! It just didn't POP INTO MY MIND in describing their LOSS to Michigan State today!

OK, we took a bad loss today after running out to a 13 pt lead but Ya know, it could be a lot worse.....we could be 0-11 Centenary....or we could be Valpo who went to 0-10 Toledo today and lost.......or we could be Colgate who drove up to Syracuse and lost by only 57....100-43.....makes losing by 13 at OU today a bit easier to take....still....TheEagleman is a bit pi$$ed......... :@

tweet from geoff haxton: "Oru senior michael craion will not play v. Sooners."

KJRH reported on their 10:00 sportscast tonight that "ORU's best player, Michael Craion, may be redshirting this season." Anyone have any news to report on this?

KJRH reported on their 10:00 sportscast tonight that "ORU's best player, Michael Craion, may be redshirting this season." Anyone have any news to report on this?

Are you asking about the "ORU's best player" part, or the redshirt part? JK. There was no mention of any redshirt considerations in the pre-game show today. The trainer said that they had xrayed his foot yesterday, that it wasn't any better, but not any worse, than the last xray, and that they'd decided to give him a couple weeks rest and then check it again.

Now, it's not the trainer's duty to announce red shirts, I suppose, so we probably wouldn't expect him to say anything about it anyway. But given the ongoing nature of his problem, with no real end in sight, it makes sense to redshirt him and not risk losing a year of eligibility.

I don't know what your talking about in saying that Oakland fans trash ORU. I have never seen that anywhere. nothing but respect on our message board, but then I have never seen us trash anyone. As far as bcs wins we have 5 in our 11 years of d-1. We have one win against the top 25.

I don't know what your talking about in saying that Oakland fans trash ORU. I have never seen that anywhere. nothing but respect on our message board, but then I have never seen us trash anyone. As far as bcs wins we have 5 in our 11 years of d-1. We have one win against the top 25.

I think the confusion came in the possible mis-interpretation of a tweet from Twitter.

A night's sleep still hasn't dulled TheEagleman's pain...and now news that Craion may be done for the season?....oh brother.....pass the tylenol.... :worried:

A night's sleep still hasn't dulled TheEagleman's pain...and now news that Craion may be done for the season?....oh brother.....pass the tylenol.... :worried:

100% with you. This is the one loss all season that I don't want to rewatch. We lost in such a slow, painful way. This team is capable of a lot but all the time off really hurt us. Hate that we have to wait until Thursday to get back on the court.

Some random observations about the game:

1. We looked good for about 10 minutes and jumped up on the Sooners by 13 points. The called a timeout and swithced to a 1-3-2 zone defense - and we did not handdle it well. Maybe is was the curse of a team jumping out to a large lead and then falling apart when they lose the lead.

2. We missed a lot of easy shots during the 18 minute (or however long it was) drought. A lid seemd to be on the bucket. Not sure wwhat we could have done. There were several media timeouts, but we could not seem to adjust to the zone defense they were using. And I think our struggles on offense affected our defensive effort.

3. Our point guard (all three of them) struggled against the pressure defense - and with the 1-3-1 zone. They will need to buckle down and play better against a better Missouri team that pressures the whole game.

4. We actually pulled within two points in the 2nd half (at the 13 minute mark) but could not make defensive stops.

5. Our free throw shooting looked much improved; if we had shot like that against Indiana State and Texas Tech, we would have won those contests. Roundtree has a new routine at the line and it is working.

Great analysis Terry. Agreed the change in defense by OU killed us, we could not break the 3/4 court pressure and the trapping zone hurt us as well. It kept us on the perimeter and we could not get much penetration inside or from the high post.

Sounds like Terry is suggesting that ORU got outcoached on Saturday.....and he might be right.....maybe we should think about hiring that guy over at TU?..... :P ............just kidding!....just kidding!..... :devil: