NDSU at SDSU on channelsurfing.net (in OT right now)

Mike Minyard

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• SDSUJacks

• ManiacAlum

• tmh8286

I can understand Kampe's statement, since it's his team, but I think 2009 NDSU and the Ken & Caleb ORU teams would give 2010 Oakland all they wanted.

I will say that I thought the championship game this year was easily the most poorly-played Mid Con/Summit title games in years.

P.S. Speaking of "all-timers", with the latest reference to celestial formations, this collection of posts has to be on the short list of "Most Omnifarious Threads" in ORU message board history.

I apologize for the "sinner" comments. I do stand by the racist and troll comments. I was the one banned on here for responding to a thread openly racist against the people of the Dakotas, Summit League and referees.

If I were a "troll" and only concerned w/ ruffling your feathers, I would have posted the facts and my opinions of the Roberts family long ago. Never have, never will.

I have "enjoyed" a very cold reception here on this Christian school board. All b/c I dared "talk up" my university. If I am wrong, if I have made several personal and inappropriate comments about ORU, then please post them. I think you'll be surprised how few of these you can find from this "troll". |(

I actually don't have a problem with you Jacks...to be honest...9 times out of 10 I don't read what you write simply because I'm more of a peruser and casual poster than anything. However, I just happened to catch your comment and I had a professor at ORU that encouraged us to "stamp out ignorance" so I felt I should help you out a little. You happened to hit a pet peeve of mine that I have with opposing fans who know little but like to say a lot in terms of what ORU is or isn't whereas the rest of us just want to talk hoops.

If I were a "troll" and only concerned w/ ruffling your feathers, I would have posted the facts and my opinions of the Roberts family long ago. Never have, never will

See, the problem is, you just did, with that not-so-subtle backhand slap.

Which is typical of your posts: drop the little stink bomb, then step back and say, "Who, me??"

It's the old "Gee-for-a-fat-girl-you-sure-don't-sweat-much" cliche'.

Do you really think we're too stupid to see what you're up to, or have you realized all along that we do, but just don't care?

FWIW.....You can trash SDSU. No problem. We are in just our 2nd year of D-1 eligibility and we're 2-3 against you in men's bball and we finished a close 4th this year. Next year we put quite possibly our best team ever on the floor.

Finishing 3 full games behind the team ahead of you IS pretty close. My final 'power rankings' actually say 5th place, but kind of 'close' to 6th also.

Hasn't SDSU been playing a Division I schedule since like 2004? Even a beaten dead horse would think that excuse deserves a break.

I understand that. I feel the same way about the posters on here who know little about the Dakotas or our schools and trash us.

Yes. D1 Independent days were brutal. And as I noted before, we had alot of departures and struggles in our D1 transition. Those days are over...thank the Lord! Like Nagy said "we don't focus on the past, b/c the future is so bright".

Sioux Falls Roosevelt has a kid who is Iowa's top recruit (top 100 recruit in nation). He was recently busted for some type of prescription drug thing. I'm just waiting for Iowa to back out and him to join Dykstra and Heemstra at SDSU next year ;) .

I can see where you would feel that way. At times on here I have got caught up and gave a nasty response to someone who I feel treated me bad. And that's my fault. But you label me a "troll" and I'm just pointing out that if you look at my "body of work" (it is selection Sunday) that you'd see I'm over here to talk Summit league and not just stir it up. Because, like I pointed out, if I wanted to do that I very easily could. ORU, like everyone else, has bruises. What did I say when we beat you? Was I a jerk? Ever? Was there ANY smack-talk? How about when Sean Sutton was busted? Scott can vouche for me ;)

... And as I noted before, we had alot of departures and struggles in our D1 transition.

Must we go over this again?

:fubar:

I look forward to SDSU finishing behind ORU again. I look forward to it alot.

No doubt followed by alot of excuses.

"You betcha!"

I can see where you would feel that way. At times on here I have got caught up and gave a nasty response to someone who I feel treated me bad. And that's my fault. But you label me a "troll" and I'm just pointing out that if you look at my "body of work" (it is selection Sunday) that you'd see I'm over here to talk Summit league and not just stir it up. Because, like I pointed out, if I wanted to do that I very easily could. ORU, like everyone else, has bruises. What did I say when we beat you? Was I a jerk? Ever? Was there ANY smack-talk? How about when Sean Sutton was busted? Scott can vouche for me ;)

How about "narcissistic doofus".

I figure, with your head start and domination of this conference for years, neither of the lowly "great white" Dakota school should ever finish ahead of you in the conference and should be dominated by you on the court for the first five years that we are in the league. No doubt. Er..... :doh:

I figure, with your head start and domination of this conference for years, neither of the lowly "great white" Dakota school should ever finish ahead of you in the conference and should be dominated by you on the court for the first five years that we are in the league. No doubt. Er..... :doh:

Not getting completely dominated by ORU is a win for SDSU

Three years ago...yes. But 2-3 vs. ORU and darn near wins in our last two trips to Mabee say noone in yellow and blue is scared of the Eagles.

Three years ago...yes. But 2-3 vs. ORU and darn near wins in our last two trips to Mabee say noone in yellow and blue is scared of the Eagles.

You skew the stats in your favor and still have a losing record? Come on, you can do better than that