NDSU at SDSU on channelsurfing.net (in OT right now)

Mike Minyard

Actually, the future is likely due to the Dakota schools being something other than commuter schools, or as in the case of ORU a glorified community college. If the attendance in SF for the non-Dakota schools games is weak that would be due to your schools not traveling well; thus they have a small fan base. Be realistic, I have spent a lot of time in Tulsa and ORU plays second fiddle to Tulsa. Oakland, IUPUI, IPFW, UMKC all have week followings. Whether the folks at ORU like it or not as the larger midwest schools move up (USD, UND, UNO) the league will be making a play for them. ORU are stuck with those schools until they can find a better option. The problem is the Sun Belt, Horizon, etc. are looking at the whole package. They want the schools they recruit to have solid academics and they expect the schools they bring in to be on solid financial footing. ORU doesn't qualify in either case.

Whatever it takes to make you feel better, fella . . . ;)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• SDSUJacks

• ManiacAlum

• tmh8286

Big Blue,

Since your post was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors it seems to me you might need some education. I am happy to help.

First a couple of literary devices you may not have realized that you used in your post. When you come on to another school's website and criticize the quality of education at that school yet show yourself to be poorly educated by the low quality of your writing, grammar and spelling it is known as irony. When you lack the self awareness to see this yourself it is called a tragic flaw.

Words that sound the same but are spelled differently (the "ly" indicates an adverb; adverbs describe verbs, adjectives and other adverbs) but have different meanings are homophones. Words like weak and week are homophones.

I learned these things in college. Why didn't you?

Lastly, editing your post and fixing your mistakes after they've been pointed out to you in an attempt to cover them up is pitiful. Not exactly a literary device but something you may benefit from knowing.

Can we start a new poll? Which troll got a new screen name today?

LOL - South Dakota State needs to worry less about ORU and more about beefing up their own non-conference schedule and actually beginning to compete at the D-1 level, before the rest of the league - including SDU - leaves them in their wake in the coming years.

Beat somebody good, troll, then pop off.

P.S. As for "not traveling well", who in their right mind wants to risk getting stuck in a blizzard in God-forsaken South Dakota in March?

The fact no one in the league wants to come to your last-outpost-on-the-frontier home should speak volumes - MOVE THE TOURNAMENT BACK TO KANSAS CITY, WHERE WE CAN ALL GO TO DECENT RESTAURANTS WITHOUT DIGGING OUR CARS OUT OF THE SNOW.

Even the city of Sioux Falls didn't travel well tonight.

Even the city of Sioux Falls didn't travel well tonight.

Oh, the people of Sioux Falls who aren't SDSU fans are no different than the people of Tulsa who aren't ORU fans: it's exciting the first year, but then the newness wears off, and each year they will slip in attendance a little more - unless SDSU runs through the bracket and packs it out with their own fans.

At least we had the decency to play our way into the finals all four years the tournament was in Tulsa! :clap:

It also helped that we won the regular season conference all four of those years. And had Caleb Green and Ken Tutt for three of them.

Oh, the people of Sioux Falls who aren't SDSU fans are no different than the people of Tulsa who aren't ORU fans: it's exciting the first year, but then the newness wears off, and each year they will slip in attendance a little more - unless SDSU runs through the bracket and packs it out with their own fans.

At least we had the decency to play our way into the finals all four years the tournament was in Tulsa! :clap:

Ah, em, . . . I'm okay with them not doing that. A couple of years with worse attendance is good for the tournament being somewhere else. My personal choice would be Grand Forks. ;)

Ah, em, . . . I'm okay with them not doing that. A couple of years with worse attendance is good for the tournament being somewhere else. My personal choice would be Grand Forks. ;)

LOL - makes Sioux Falls look like Cancun. :fubar:

Did anyone catch the halftime interview with the Tournament Director? The TV guy asked what people bring to Sioux Falls (silly question). I yelled out that they better bring a parka.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd love to see you in a real parka, OT. By the way, we wear t-shirts in this weather. Could be a whole new market for you up here.

Thats what I'm saying.. whether people like it or not, ORU was the best team in the league when the tournament was in Tulsa, and it was the first time the conference looked good on TV. SDSU doesnt matter if theyre never part of the equation. It's just another conference tourney in an empty gym. And at least you could leave the hotel in KC and Tulsa, what schools want to 'travel' to SD? And would NDSU and SDSU travel to see a 6th seed and 4th seed?

Yeah, but we had homecourt advantage. |(

great convo! love it.

here's some facts:

#1 SDSU board is boring, no one goes there, hell for a couple months, I alone drove hits up!

#2 ORU is a good school with great basketball & baseball

#3 NDSU has beaten Big ten teams in basketball & football, they can play with big boys, SDSU hasnt beaten 1 in any sport.

#4 Summit shouldnt add UND, or UNO or Denver, then you will see the level of play go downhill and their ignorant fans will really irritate you if you are already irritated by us, ha ha.

#5 Omaha would be the ideal place for the Summit every year (neutral spot in middle of all of us)

Meh, I don't mind the NDSU posters who come over here..not even Lakes :P

A couple of the SDSU posters on the message boards (or maybe it's just one dude who keeps changing names) just seem wildly delusional and obsessed with ORU for whatever reason.

It's funny to keep reading "when we take over this conference" about a team that can't manage a winning record against a D-I schedule.

hmm..Omaha might might not be so bad...I have never been there, but I've heard it an okay place..idk tho....I really enjoyed it when it was held in Tulsa..it was alotta fun

Yep, might as well move it back to Tulsa.

How many more years does Sioux Falls have it?