Arkansas' Pelphrey - Dead Man Walking?

Old Titan

Is it my imagination, or does it seem like hardly a month goes by without Arkansas basketball being rocked by stories such as this one?

Beverly:  Cheating Not Limited To Him

Anyone think for a minute, if they felt they had to clean house either this summer or next spring, the Hogs wouldn't take a hard look at Scott Sutton?  :|

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• darrenj

• Titanic Eagle

TheEagleman would be surprised if Scott Sutton had any interest in the pressure cooker that is Arkansas basketball....but, who knows....the $$$ could be very inviting when he has to put his kids through college.... :-P

• 1 month later...

Latest installments:

1.  Jason Henry kicked off the team for undisclosed disciplinary reasons, the fourth casualty from the six-player Rotnei Clarke signing class of 2008:  Four Off The Floor

2.  Senior-to-be and returning starter Stefan Welsh is suspended indefinitely for reportedly failing a drug test:  UA Quiet On Welsh Suspension

And that's just this past week!  :|

Looks like more playing time for 15!

Like that's all that matters:  averaging 30 minutes and 15 points a game on a losing team populated by thugs...  :roll:

Would love to hear the whole story why OT is so bitter against Arkansas/Rotnei Clarke

Would love to hear the whole story why OT is so bitter against Arkansas/Rotnei Clarke

If you're really interested, save OT the time and review the archives on this board.  The whole story is documented quite well through a simple search.

That situation is going to just get worse as i understand it. I like Pelphrey but he may be in over his head a little bit.

That is a tough place to coach with unrealistic fans.

Clarke will get a lot of shots this year that is for sure.

He will also get to go somewhere for spring break because they won't be playing in March!

I don't know Rotnei Clarke, but everything I have heard from people who do know him is that he's an incredible young man.

From what I have seen of him on the court, I think he's a decent D-1 shooting guard.

My problem has always been with the small but outspoken members of his immediate fan club.

I often find myself shaking my head at their motives and tactics.

As for the Pelphrey/Arkansas angle of this thread and others, my interest is two-fold: 

1.  Arkansas is a geographic rival for ORU on the floor - one that's currently ducking us.

2.  If Pelphrey gets canned, Scott Sutton is likely on their short list.

It has nothing to do with Rotnei Clarke.

And I think giving Pelphrey a contract extension right now has about as much significance as giving him the dreaded "vote of confidence".

Either way, if he has another clunker of a season, he's in serious trouble with the folks that run the show over there:  the big-money boosters.

TheEagleman can't envision Scott Sutton in that Razorback pressure cooker....and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just move over there for the dollars....besides, I think Mart would ante up some $$$ to keep the coach..... :wink:

TheEagleman can't envision Scott Sutton in that Razorback pressure cooker....and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just move over there for the dollars....besides, I think Mart would ante up some $$$ to keep the coach..... :wink:

Frankly, Eagleman, I think Mart is essentially done with the major gifts.  It's time for ORU alumni to ante up to keep ORU alive and Golden Eagle athletics healthy and growing.

I hear ya, Blue....I'm sure that ORU must have a few millionaire alumni around somewhere....unfortunately, TheEagleman isn't one of them...should I hit the PowerBall anytime soon, you can count on ORU Athletics getting a major portion of the winnings.....can you imagine the back of the basketball teams warm ups showing ORU BASKETBALL sponsored by THEEAGLEMAN!..... :-D

I hear ya, Blue....I'm sure that ORU must have a few millionaire alumni around somewhere....unfortunately, TheEagleman isn't one of them...should I hit the PowerBall anytime soon, you can count on ORU Athletics getting a major portion of the winnings.....can you imagine the back of the basketball teams warm ups showing ORU BASKETBALL sponsored by THEEAGLEMAN!..... :-D

That prospect alone might be just what's needed to encourage everyone else to donate first...  :wink:

LOL.....Whatever it takes............. :-D

That prospect alone might be just what's needed to encourage everyone else to donate first...  :wink:

I'm okay with it as long as the logo doesn't include an avertisement for PowerBall :lol:. . .

Agreed....as long at TheEagleman gets to sit on the end of the ORU bench.....promise to keep my mouth shut.....most of the time.... :-D