Looks like Calipari to Kentucky is a done deal

vcboy2000

Sorry, Wake but TheEagleman thinks that stuff like this is what makes college basketball disgusting sometimes....coaches can walk out on a contract  but after student/athletes signs a letter of intent, he has to sit out a year....good luck at UK, Coach Cal....i hope they go 10-18 next year....maybe Calipari would bring his new boys into Mabee for a game next November?.... :-D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• SOLO_Gold

• ORUTerry

Voice has asked that everyone please respect his privacy during his time of grief.

In lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted for the "Memphis' Future As a National Power Memorial Fund", care of the tip jar he keeps handy at the scorer's table in Mabee Center.

Don't know if this is true, but a radio talk show guy on ESPN said that the Memphis recruits have a clause in their LOI's releasing them if Calipari left.....

Don't know if this is true, but a radio talk show guy on ESPN said that the Memphis recruits have a clause in their LOI's releasing them if Calipari left.....

I heard that too Terry. There are reports that Xavier Henry (#1 player in the ESPN 100) has verbally said if Cal left he was going to reopen up his recruitment. Bill Self anyone?

I heard that too Terry. There are reports that Xavier Henry (#1 player in the ESPN 100) has verbally said if Cal left he was going to reopen up his recruitment. Bill Self anyone?

Bill Self nothin'!! Scott Sutton :-D!!

Bill Self nothin'!! Scott Sutton :-D!!

Haha -- I only said that because the race for Xavier went down to Memphis and Kansas....but then again Putnam City is only a hop and a skip away. Let's go get him!  :wink:

Xavier Henry was asked about which in-state school he would consider - if he stayed in state. (This apparently was never a consideration.) He replied - tongue in cheek? - Oral Roberts University.

Haha -- I only said that because the race for Xavier went down to Memphis and Kansas....but then again Putnam City is only a hop and a skip away. Let's go get him!  :wink:

From what I have heard Xavier was not interested in any of the state schools and was looking to go out of state.

It was Henry's father who said he liked Scott Sutton/ORU best in state.

If Henry doesn't follow Calipari to Kentucky, he will go to Kansas.

Thanks for clearing that up OT..... I agree - Xaivier is going to be a Jayhawk.

ESPN reports Mike Anderson has signed a new 7-year deal with Missouri, for somewhere around $1.3 million a year.

He played Georgia like a fiddle to get that raise - he ought to send their AD a commission fee.

How bad a job is Georgia if they offered 2 million and he stayed for 1.3 at Missouri?

Tough place to win and you have to keep the local kids there.

How bad a job is Georgia if they offered 2 million and he stayed for 1.3 at Missouri?

Tough place to win and you have to keep the local kids there.

I wondered the same thing; however, maybe it was as OT suggested, and Anderson is really happy at Mizzou, he just was working the system for a raise.  If so, he played it superbly.

In a couple of days, Memphis has gone from probable pre-season #1 in the nation next year, with the #1 point guard, #1 shooting guard, & #1 big man in the nation (plus a couple of other top 100 signees) coming on board this year....to middle of the pack C-USA. Tough to swallow.

Looks like Scott Drew is now the #1 target for Memphis.

I'm heading to the roof of the BOK Tower today. :|

In a couple of days, Memphis has gone from probable pre-season #1 in the nation next year, with the #1 point guard, #1 shooting guard, & #1 big man in the nation (plus a couple of other top 100 signees) coming on board this year....to middle of the pack C-USA. Tough to swallow.

Looks like Scott Drew is now the #1 target for Memphis.

I'm heading to the roof of the BOK Tower today. :|

Don't do it, voice.  All of us need you.  Who's going to tell us, "That's Morrison for one, two, THREEEEEE!!!" next year if you're gone?