NDSU/Oakland game thread

tmh8286

lol. I can agree to disagree with you on this one senior. The best thing that happened to ORU while in the Mid-Con (before making the NIT four years ago) was Valpo making it to the sweet 16. It ignited a heated rivalry and actually boosted our RPI when we beat them. NDSU making it deep in the tourney is good for ORU, no matter how you look at it.

The right team did win, and the better team. NDSU has a great story that I believe will bring alot of recognition to the conference. 

You think so? After they end up being the 5th best team in the conference next year....

You think it'll matter that much?

You may be right.

K - I'm done. Goodnight friends.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• SOLO_Gold

• bballmangc

• donkeylarry

Top Posters In This Topic

Well deserved and hard fought win by the Bison! Congrats!

Tough loss to swallow for Oakland. They have the same taste in their mouths as we have, ok maybe not as bad.

Loved watching the final two minutes of the game and letting the players decide the outcome. The refs stayed out of the spotlight down the stretch and THAT's the way to referee a game.

NDSU will be a tough matchup for anyone in the tourney if they can keep the composure they've shown on a bigger stage.

TheEagleman has never seen so many white boys on the court except at the Y...... :-D

What Y you been playin' in?

You need to get out more and experience some diversity in life, bro! :lol:

As an Oakland fan, I can't believe we let this game get away.  It will take me a few days to be able to root for NDSU as the Summit representative in the NCAA's this year (if ever).  Never had any problem rooting for ORU in the past, but I honestly don't like or respect NDSU (it doesn't help that they shut me and another Oakland fan off their board in the middle of the game).  I feel bad that I can't be magnanimous in defeat.  I hope the league embarrasses the Bison next year, and I would tell the Bison fans that if they would let me sign onto their fan board.

That was the first time TheEagleman has seen NDSU play this season....admire their grit tonight...but the Bison are gonna have a rough go in the NCAA Tournament....we'll see who they draw Sunday night....But TheEagleman has to think they are gonna get wasted in Round 1....still, based on full season of play and tonight....they deserve the bid.... :|

NDSU players who played in tonights game 4 were seniors and 5 are coming back.  Why do we think they built for this year only and won't be any good next year?

Starters

Lucas Moormann - Sr

Ben Woodside,  - Sr

Brett Winkelman, -Sr

Josh Vaughan,  - Jr

Freddy Coleman, - So

Bench

Michael Tveidt, - So

Mike Nelson - Sr

DeJuan Flowers - Jr

Sam Sussenguth - Jr

I think Benson for Oakland looked really good.  He's gonna be tough next year

We are all stuck in Fargo in the middle of a Blizzard.  Interstates are shut down.  Lots of people couldn't get out of Fargo.  We will do our best to represent the conference

As an Oakland fan, I can't believe we let this game get away.  It will take me a few days to be able to root for NDSU as the Summit representative in the NCAA's this year (if ever).  Never had any problem rooting for ORU in the past, but I honestly don't like or respect NDSU (it doesn't help that they shut me and another Oakland fan off their board in the middle of the game).  I feel bad that I can't be magnanimous in defeat.  I hope the league embarrasses the Bison next year, and I would tell the Bison fans that if they would let me sign onto their fan board.

You didn't get shut out, the board had too much traffic and crashed. Bison fans everywhere are shut out of talking about the win so don't take offense to that.

NDSU players who played in tonights game 4 were seniors and 5 are coming back.  Why do we think they built for this year only and won't be any good next year?

Starters

Lucas Moormann - Sr

Ben Woodside,  - Sr

Brett Winkelman, -Sr

Josh Vaughan,  - Jr

Freddy Coleman, - So

Bench

Michael Tveidt, - So

Mike Nelson - Sr

DeJuan Flowers - Jr

Sam Sussenguth - Jr

Tveidt is a starter and we would have been crushed if it wasn't for his 15 first half points and huge three that gave us the lead. The guy is going to be a great player, but it will be very interesting in seeing who steps up besides him.

If the Bisonville board really did crash tonight, then I should retract my "classless thugs" statement.  It will still take me several days to be able to root for the Bison as the Summit representative, but I will probably get there eventually.  This loss hurts. 

Edit: I just saw that I actually did remove the "classless thugs" statement in my original post.

How about Oakland, Jones and Benson will be tough. I still can't believe they didn't keep going to Benson, he was killing us and our only big(Moormann) was in foul trouble.

How about Oakland, Jones and Benson will be tough. I still can't believe they didn't keep going to Benson, he was killing us and our only big(Moormann) was in foul trouble.

Benson blocked a bunch of shots effortlessly.

Were you interacting with them when you were shut out?

Well, glad we could teach Oakland something this year: how to buckle like a two-dollar suitcase down the stretch!  :-(

If the Bisonville board really did crash tonight, then I should retract my "classless thugs" statement.  It will still take me several days to be able to root for the Bison as the Summit representative, but I will probably get there eventually.  This loss hurts. 

Edit: I just saw that I actually did remove the "classless thugs" statement in my original post.

Bisonville just came back up from the "denial of service attack". Come on back and post as we get things going again.

(The host service shut us down because the rapid refreshing of 200+ members looked like a DOS attack. An hour and a half after the shutdown, Bisonville was still getting 300 hits per second minute.)

edit: whoops

Were you interacting with them when you were shut out?

Germane - I just tried to get on their board, and I couldn't either - and it reminded me of something that I've read over there on a number of occasions - and that is, during big games with high numbers of people logging on the board crashes.  Some on there just today asked if one of the guys was going to be available to get it up and going again when it crashed. 

So I bet they didn't purposely shut you out of their board - I think the board went down to everyone.

(okay, I see I was late with this info, but I'm leaving it up anyway)