NDSU/Oakland game thread

tmh8286

Oakland not scoring inside. NDSU in the driver's seat. Looks very similar to our game at Mabee.

Looks AMAZINGLY like our game at Mabee.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• SOLO_Gold

• bballmangc

• donkeylarry

Top Posters In This Topic

Woodside....gutsy shot there with 3 secs. left....congrats to NDSU...the Bison are going to the Big Dance!.... :-D

Gotleib got two things right - NDSU shut down Oakland's inside game, and the tournament needs to be held somewhere WARM like in Tulsa.

The defense of NDSU in the closing minutes was amazing.  My son said NDSU wanted it more, and I don't know that THAT is true, but they executed better down the stretch.

Oakland has to feel awful....they let that one get away the last 6 minutes or so after dominating.....man, do we know how that feels..... :-P

and gottleib had to say oru and home advantage gimme a break! also didnt see alot of fans running on the court too cold??

I think Benson for Oakland looked really good.  He's gonna be tough next year

and gottleib had to say oru and home advantage gimme a break! also didnt see alot of fans running on the court too cold??

That's why no one likes gottleib

The right team won

What does that mean? The "right" team? Bad language.

The better team won tonight - period.

It's a disgrace that they're representing our league and I hope they get blown out in the first round. After that I hope they dream about redshirting another entire freshman class in hopes of getting back here in another 5 years.

I think Benson for Oakland looked really good.  He's gonna be tough next year

I agree - Oakland is going to be tough next year.

Did anybody out there catch the end of the Italy-Venezuela baseball game when the play by play guy announces in the top of the 9th that ESPN2 will switch as soon as the game ends to the Summit League Championship between OKLAHOMA and North Dakota State....then silence for about 20 seconds while his producer is probably yelling in his ear and he corrects himself to Oakland vs. NDSU......idiot...... :-P

It's a disgrace that they're representing our league and I hope they get blown out in the first round. After that I hope they dream about redshirting another entire freshman class in hopes of getting back here in another 5 years.

Have we talked about this in another thread?  But why is it just a huge deal that they redshirted an entire class?  Teams players every year usually 2-3, I just don't see why it is such a disgrace.  They obviously weren't good enough to play right away or not contribute...I personally don't see the HUGE problem...unorthodox yes, but some people here make it sound like they were cheating...

lol. I can agree to disagree with you on this one senior. The best thing that happened to ORU while in the Mid-Con (before making the NIT four years ago) was Valpo making it to the sweet 16. It ignited a heated rivalry and actually boosted our RPI when we beat them. NDSU making it deep in the tourney is good for ORU, no matter how you look at it.

The right team did win, and the better team. NDSU has a great story that I believe will bring alot of recognition to the conference. 

Have we talked about this in another thread?  But why is it just a huge deal that they redshirted an entire class?  Teams players every year usually 2-3, I just don't see why it is such a disgrace.  They obviously weren't good enough to play right away or not contribute...I personally don't see the HUGE problem...unorthodox yes, but some people here make it sound like they were cheating...

Obviously it's not cheating...

This is going to be a matter of opinion for me - some will agree, and some will disagree.

It's not a matter of reshirting a couple of player in order to increase their productivity that bothers me, it bothers me that they've built their program for this 1 year. (I know it will help their recruiting efforts)

Okay forget everything I've said - I just don't like them.

There, I admitted it.  :-)