NDSU/Oakland game thread

tmh8286

This baseball game is going on WAY too long.  We'll be halfway through the first half before they make the switch.  Does anyone care about Italy and Venezuela baseball?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• SOLO_Gold

• bballmangc

• donkeylarry

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Mike Sanzere, Bo Boroski and Terry Wymer officiating.

I guess that J.D. Collins has just gotten too big for us in the lowly Summit League :|.

The Kangas/Jones combo is lethal. If they play like this in the NCAA, anything can happen.

Kangas is deadly, while NDSU is struggling to score over the height of Oakland.

35-25 Oakland, 3:00 remaining

Didn't the Grizz build a first-half double-digit lead on us in last year's championship before folding later on?  Could be deja vu all over again...

I think that was two years ago - didn't we play IUPUI in the championship last year?

I think that was two years ago - didn't we play IUPUI in the championship last year?

Have we forgotten the famous ELI vs Jag fight?  :-)

ONLY 8 FOULS CALLED IN THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF.  SIMPLY (insert numerous profane cuss words here) AMAZING!!!!!!!!

That's been typical of the past several tournament championships, though - after all season having officials blowing dozens of whistles per game, in the tournament championship they call it like we're in the Big Ten.  I'd RATHER they call the game that way, personally, but the inconsistency has got to be hard on the players.

I'm not surprised by it at the least.  Just frustrating.  Any team plays better with some level of consistency, either tons of whistles or little (as in tonight's game).  Have to be able to adapt and develop a flow to the game.  The national TV audience has no idea what we've (Summit League) had to deal with all year. 

So - the Grizz up by ten at the half - do they have the poise, the talent and ability to overcome the problems they've had in the first half?

If they are to have any hope they will have to shut down Kangas (although the Grizz are getting production from all their players), they've got to improve their shooting, and they've got to figure a way to deal with Oakland's size.  At least that's my opinion!!

So - the Grizz up by ten at the half - do they have the poise, the talent and ability to overcome the problems they've had in the first half?

If they are to have any hope they will have to shut down Kangas (although the Grizz are getting production from all their players), they've got to improve their shooting, and they've got to figure a way to deal with Oakland's size.  At least that's my opinion!!

Let's see what the Coach of The Year does to mix it up after half.

shades of 2007?? NDSU making a run oru won that year 71-67  after being down 11 at the half