Oakland-NDSU Championship Game Predictions

Old Titan

Yeah...we don't want the level of play to increase in the Mid-Con. That would be just awful.

And to think, many on this board want us in the Valley!?!?!?

The thing is we're struggling to keep up with Oakland's recruits. They have out recruited us the past several seasons.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• bballmangc

• oruvoice

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is we're struggling to keep up with Oakland's recruits. They have out recruited us the past several seasons.

I think we're beginning to see the light in that regard.  I didn't feel that way at the beginning of the season, though.

Considering that for the '08-'09 signing periods we only signed one guy that saw significant playing time (Morrison), and just a single player this past fall for '09-'10 (Bell-Holter), who hasn't out-recruited us of late?  :|

The crowd is outstanding for the women's championship game on ESPNU right now. It's sold out and very difficult to find any empty seats.

Speaking of which, Oakland has shot out to a 32-18 lead in this one, leaving the Lady Jackrabbit fans stunned...

Okay, you've piqued my interest - I'll have to pull it up on SummitTV.

It's live on ESPNU - Oakland leads it by 10 at the half.

Were you in the UMAC for the Mid-Con Tournament Championship in 2005?  I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone . . .

I was actually delivering a pizza to some house out in Jenks, America and listening to the game on the radio when Pierre "bleepin'" Dukes shot fell.  :-D

I can admit that I've never quite felt a punch to the gut like that before, it was like somebody died. I think I pulled over and cursed loudly for an extended period of time.

I was also watching when the baseball team was an out or two from the CWS in '06 and lost.

Teams lose in conference and NCAA tournament games every year, and I do feel bad for them. But isn't this why they joined Division I?

Considering that for the '08-'09 signing periods we only signed one guy that saw significant playing time (Morrison), and just a single player this past fall for '09-'10 (Bell-Holter), who hasn't out-recruited us of late?  :|

Speaking of, any recruits on the radar we may be looking to sign?

I was actually delivering a pizza to some house out in Jenks, America and listening to the game on the radio when Pierre "bleepin'" Dukes shot fell.  :-D

I can admit that I've never quite felt a punch to the gut like that before, it was like somebody died. I think I pulled over and cursed loudly for an extended period of time.

I was also watching when the baseball team was an out or two from the CWS in '06 and lost.

Teams lose in conference and NCAA tournament games every year, and I do feel bad for them. But isn't this why they joined Division I?

Jenks, America   - hilarious

The baseball team losing two to Clemson was very tough also.  They took the lead in the 9th in that first game, that was brutal.

Speaking of which, Oakland has shot out to a 32-18 lead in this one, leaving the Lady Jackrabbit fans stunned...

Let it be remembered.....2 weeks ago, I said neither #1 seed would win the tourney this year. An SDSU fan and a few ORU fans scoffed at my statement...

I stand behind my prediction.

SDSU's women have taken a 3-point lead with 12:00 to go in the game.

In what may come as a total shock to no one, the Lady Jackrabbits seem to be getting a lot of calls to go their way...  :roll:

The story has been repeated here many times, but I'll tell it again - me, ORUTerry, ORU_Ed, Isbig and some others were sitting on the first row of the end zone in that game - standing, screaming - when Pierre Dukes caught that ball, squared up and shot - not more than ten feet from where we stood.  If we had known it would go in we probably would have come out of our seats and tackled him :wink: . . .

A punch to the gut is a pretty apt description :cry:.

The Oakland ladies have run out of gas:  SDSU 71, OU 58 with 3:00 to go.

And, along with the 12 free throw disparity in SDSU's favor, it should also be noted the Lady Jackrabbits have hit 7-of-12 three-point attempts in their second half comeback.  :-o

it should also be noted the Lady Jackrabbits have hit 7-of-12 three-point attempts in their second half comeback.  :-o

Wish Jarvis would have done half that well...

Or one seventh.

Geez, guys - lighten up.  He's gotta live with that game the rest of his life.  How about cutting him a little slack?

Geez, guys - lighten up.  He's gotta live with that game the rest of his life.  How about cutting him a little slack?

Ah, he's young.  I'm sure he's already moved on...

:mrgreen:  (because braids aren't available)