Oakland-NDSU Championship Game Predictions

Old Titan

I've just been reading the Bisonville board.  Winning tonight is a BIG DEAL to the Bison fans -someone over there said, "this is probably the biggest day in the history of history in the state of North Dakota." 

If they don't win tonight I'm going to feel bad for them. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• bballmangc

• oruvoice

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of getting the Debbie Downer flag thrown on me, I'm not sure that Pittsburgh was that tough of a draw last year.  Didn't they crap out in the second round?  Washingthon St. did the same thing the year before. 

They will be a #1 seed this year...

Didn't we lose to Missouri this year?

Played them closer than anyone else in Columbia this season:  nine points.

Without a point guard.  :-P

I've just been reading the Bisonville board.  Winning tonight is a BIG DEAL to the Bison fans -someone said, is probably the biggest day in the history of history in the state of North Dakota."  if they don't win tonight I'm going to feel bad for them. 

Shouldn't it be a big deal?  This is the year they thought they could compete.  They have been planning this for 5 years.  For anyone who follows NDSU basketball and their transition to D1 this should be a huge deal right? 

Played them closer than anyone else in Columbia this season:  nine points.

Without a point guard.  :-P

We never got one either  :|

I think it will be a slugfest tonight - and am ALMOST looking forward to watching it.  I think either team would represent the Summit well in the tourney, although I believe NDSU's style would give them a better shot at a first-round upset.

I pick the Bison tonight in a close one, won by late-game heroics at the charity stripe 71-66.

From a selfish standpoint as an ORU fan, I'd prefer a NDSU victory, simply because we all know it's a "one and done" prospect for the Bison, who will be rebuilding next year.  Oakland, on the other hand, could use a win as a launching pad for next season.  However, if Oakland wins, I won't be too disappointed - as I have a great deal of respect for Kampe and his program.

Anyone want to take a stab on the attendance tonight?  How many empty seats will be on the Duece tonight?  Is it still predicted to snow there?

Shouldn't it be a big deal?  This is the year they thought they could compete.  They have been planning this for 5 years.  For anyone who follows NDSU basketball and their transition to D1 this should be a huge deal right? 

Yes; the point I was trying to make is that I'm going to feel really bad for them if they don't win.

Yes; the point I was trying to make is that I'm going to feel really bad for them if they don't win.

Got it.  I understood it that you felt bad that they felt that way.  (That's how I felt on your comment!  :-D)

I think Missouri's pressure would at least make NDSU speed up and might take them out of sync.

Just make sure you rotate back in a hurry, becase they WILL put up some 3's.

Mizzou doesn't look like the most disciplined ball club in the world, but if they aren't a #3, then who is? People are saying that the Big East, ACC and Big Ten could possibly put in 24 teams in the tourney.

There's going to be a lot of terrible major teams getting in this year because of mid-major favorites blowing it in their conference.

Anyone want to take a stab on the attendance tonight?  How many empty seats will be on the Duece tonight?  Is it still predicted to snow there?

I THINK the storm is supposed to move into SD tonight.  TODAY, in Fargo, blizzard, near white-out conditions, high winds, I-29 south not closed but under no-travel advisory.  Many Bison fans that planned to drive down today have decided not to go. 

Why feel bad for NDSU?

Were you in the UMAC for the Mid-Con Tournament Championship in 2005?  I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone . . .

I THINK the storm is supposed to move into SD tonight.  TODAY, in Fargo, blizzard, near white-out conditions, high winds, I-29 south not closed but under no-travel advisory.  Many Bison fans that planned to drive down today have decided not to go. 

The thing about this kind of weather isn't just the accumulation of snow; it's the wind.

30 mph winds (as predicted today and tonight) can make for "white out" conditions with just an inch or two of snow that make it virtually impossible to drive.

The funny thing is, no one up there seems at all surprised about the weather.

It's almost like they knew this could (would?) happen all along - yet invited us anyway.  :|

The thing about this kind of weather isn't just the accumulation of snow; it's the wind.

30 mph winds (as predicted today and tonight) can make for "white out" conditions with just an inch or two of snow that make it virtually impossible to drive.

It's almost like they knew this could (would?) happen all along - yet invited us anyway.  :|

lol snow shouldn't stop anyone up there.... it doesnt stop us here in ny... lol

True, but I thought I read somewhere yesterday that they're expecting 10-12" accumulations.  I think ND people that are already in SF are concerned about being able to get back home after the game tonight.

True, but I thought I read somewhere yesterday that they're expecting 10-12" accumulations.  I think ND people that are already in SF are concerned about being able to get back home after the game tonight.

Meatloaf's advice for driving in snow.... drive 30mph with your warning lights on, while in second gear.... and its almost impossible for things to go wrong